The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I abandoned ship about ten pages ago...is this thread really still going?! :eek4:

OP...wtf? You're going in circles. Round and round and round. This is crazy.
Original post by believeteam22
This is what I am struggling with. I know deep down I can't have her but I just am hoping for s miracle or something :/

Delusional.
Not sure why people are bothering offering advice to this person considering how many different posts he has made.
He his one of those people that love to ask for advice but never will or ever take it.
Original post by thewishfulwriter
Stop waiting for a miracle that won't happen. She has a boyfriend, and regardless, doesn't see you more than a "friend" (or, by the sound of it, someone who is super nice to her).

You clearly aren't over her and you aren't being friends with her because you want to be her friend if you're "waiting for a miracle", it means you still want a relationship that you're not going to get.

Accept the fact that your friendship is unhealthy and, to be honest, you could just tell her you still like her and that if she's never going to feel the same way, you think it's best you stop being friends. At least then you've given her a reason for your termination of the friendship.

And once you've stopped talking, find some new friends, enjoy yourself.

There is more to life than this one girl.

You WILL like someone else.

Stop pretending you want to be her friend and secretly praying for more. It won't happen.

Yeah I think I am way too nice to her. I just can't help it. If I don't help her or refuse, I feel guilty. I don't know how to stop being like that.I know I am not over her. I want to be in a relationship with her. Yes. But I don't want to lose her from my life. She is important for me.I just cannot decide what to do. If I tell her, she will reject me and I don't know how I will handle that. If I continue like this, I will always be sad.
Original post by Adipoptosis
See most of the time this happens because there is literally no one else! So my advice is, if there isn't anyone else that gives you attention, keep going with her. Once you find another, get rid of her. As long as you don't spend any money on her, make life decisions because of her and are living a healthy life, no problem being obsessed over someone. If you aren't living a healthy life, she isn't the problem, the problem is your's - you need to speak with your GP.

Yeah she is the only one. I don't really have any other females that I talk with regularly. I am crazy about her as you can tell. I think about her all the time, everyday.
Original post by anna.lorde
That was actually a joke but on a serious note, maybe go out more, there's plenty of people out there. You just gutta' find them.

I know. But I just cannot find anyone, maybe because I am not even looking. I am just thinking about her all the time.
Original post by PangXie
I abandoned ship about ten pages ago...is this thread really still going?! :eek4:

OP...wtf? You're going in circles. Round and round and round. This is crazy.

I know. :/

I just cannot decide what is more important for me. Having her in my life as a friend, or telling her how I feel (again) being most likely rejected, and then damaging the relationship altogether..
I have a female friend who I also like more than a friend. But she is in a relationship and I have accepted that we can never be together. She doesn't have feelings for me anyway.

So that being said, I like being friends with her. We get on really well and I'm happy when I'm around her.

The only thing is, sometimes I feel like I am too nice to her, and treat her as if she is more than just a friend. I am always helping her whenever she asks and I am always available to her.

Sometimes I feel maybe she doesn't appreciate everything I do for her.
Also, I feel really attached to her and sometimes I feel I act a bit needy and clingy. I know that's not good but that's what I feel.

I've never had a girlfriend so maybe my closeness to this girl is because of that? I don't know.

I want to stay friends with her, but I am scared of pushing her away or distancing myself from her, because I like the closeness I have with this girl and I don't really want to do anything to ruin our friendship.

So I'm not sure how to proceed. I also get really upset easily with things regarding her. I care about her a lot.

Do you guys think that this is a result of my unrequited feelings towards her? I don't mean to do it but I can't help it sometimes.

I already know I care about her a lot more than she cares about me. Maybe she doesn't need to care that much? Maybe I am expecting too much?

What are your thoughts?

She's my oneitis :/

Lately I have been thinking about her all the time. And it just makes me really sad.

Feelings are something you can't control. I believe you caught feelings for her. If you don't want your feelings to get stronger keep a distance mate before it is too strong. Shes in a relationship, her boyfriend probably does not like when other boys are around her, before she puts a distance you put a distance. You could find someone else that cares for you, shes not the only girl. Don't think of her a lot, try not to because that would just worsen the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaranSR
Feelings are something you can't control. I believe you caught feelings for her. If you don't want your feelings to get stronger keep a distance mate before it is too strong. Shes in a relationship, her boyfriend probably does not like when other boys are around her, before she puts a distance you put a distance. You could find someone else that cares for you, shes not the only girl. Don't think of her a lot, try not to because that would just worsen the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's a bit late for that, my feelings are already very strong. This is the problem, I cannot stop thinking about her wherever I go.
Yeah I think I am way too nice to her. I just can't help it. If I don't help her or refuse, I feel guilty. I don't know how to stop being like that.I know I am not over her. I want to be in a relationship with her. Yes. But I don't want to lose her from my life. She is important for me.I just cannot decide what to do. If I tell her, she will reject me and I don't know how I will handle that. If I continue like this, I will always be sad.

Maybe her rejecting you again will help you accept that nothing will happen, so that you can move on.
Original post by thewishfulwriter
Maybe her rejecting you again will help you accept that nothing will happen, so that you can move on.

Clearly not, this guy is blatantly obsessively-insane ... he has no intention to stop! He'll keep going.
I have a female friend who I also like more than a friend. But she is in a relationship and I have accepted that we can never be together. She doesn't have feelings for me anyway.

So that being said, I like being friends with her. We get on really well and I'm happy when I'm around her.

The only thing is, sometimes I feel like I am too nice to her, and treat her as if she is more than just a friend. I am always helping her whenever she asks and I am always available to her.

Sometimes I feel maybe she doesn't appreciate everything I do for her.
Also, I feel really attached to her and sometimes I feel I act a bit needy and clingy. I know that's not good but that's what I feel.

I've never had a girlfriend so maybe my closeness to this girl is because of that? I don't know.

I want to stay friends with her, but I am scared of pushing her away or distancing myself from her, because I like the closeness I have with this girl and I don't really want to do anything to ruin our friendship.

So I'm not sure how to proceed. I also get really upset easily with things regarding her. I care about her a lot.

Do you guys think that this is a result of my unrequited feelings towards her? I don't mean to do it but I can't help it sometimes.

I already know I care about her a lot more than she cares about me. Maybe she doesn't need to care that much? Maybe I am expecting too much?

What are your thoughts?

She's my oneitis :/

Lately I have been thinking about her all the time. And it just makes me really sad.

I feel really sorry for you, this situation happens quite a lot and happened to me although not quite as bad, i think some people are being a bit harsh, but you do need to get over her, if you try to distance yourself from her a bit so like not always be available, ignore her texts for a couple of hours and so, also trydoing something to take your mind off her, like take up an activity or play a computer game. There are loads of girls out there who are really nice, I just think its easy for a guy to have his thoughts clouded. I've never had a girlfriend and was really into this girl, but now I got over her life seems so much more relaxed. If you can break out of this I think you'll have a friend for life, but you've got to actively try and stop thinking about her, try and hang out with some other girls and that will help divert your attention. Hope this helps and good luck :smile:
I only have one more piece of advice for you, but if I tell you I'll most definitely be perma-banned. Already been warned for being honest to you on this thread.
Original post by SophieSmall
I only have one more piece of advice for you, but if I tell you I'll most definitely be perma-banned. Already been warned for being honest to you on this thread.

Go on, I double dare you :colone:
Original post by Anonymous
Go on, I double dare you :colone:

But I like TSR :frown:
Original post by VotreAltesse
Clearly not, this guy is blatantly obsessively-insane ... he has no intention to stop! He'll keep going.

True... He's not listening to anyone's advice.
Original post by SophieSmall
But I like TSR :frown:

The feeling's not mutual ... :colonhash:
It's not about listening to your advice. I don't want to move on. I want her.

I just cannot decide what is more important for me. Having her in my life as a friend, or telling her how I feel (again) being most likely rejected, and then damaging the relationship altogether..
It's not about listening to your advice. I don't want to move on. I want her...

Well it is about not listening to our advice because guess what? You're not listening to our advice
It's not about listening to your advice. I don't want to move on. I want her.

Just spend some time alone and listen to your heart. Right now with exams going on may not be the best time to go through with all the emotions of being in a relationship but again it's all about what your heart feels is right for you. Everyone in the world will find it easy to tell you to move on but only you know how hard that is for you. So don't force yourself into anything but just let everything reveal in its own time. There are 2 things you could do:

1) Wait. Let time reveal its path and destiny for you.

OR

2) Go out and grab your desired destiny.

The choice is your, not anyone else's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending