The Student Room Group

Like a guy at work

Hello, everyone.

I fancy this guy at work. He put his number in my phone without asking me, and when I asked him why he did that, he said that he did it because we have a lot in common.

On a night out with work friends, he cuddled me because he was cold. We then texted and I eventually told him that I liked him. He said "awwww, that's made me go red", and left it at that. I'm not sure if he likes me back and nor do I want to be pushy about it. But I want to know how he feels, otherwise I can move on.

Out of interest, am I over thinking this?
Doubt it. Well, if he's the kind of condescending guy to say that then yeah but he seems to be interested in youbas well from what youve said
Reply 2
Go for it! Either ring him on that number and ask him out or escalate the next cuddle to a snog, with tongues. Simple:tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Go for it! Either ring him on that number and ask him out or escalate the next cuddle to a snog, with tongues. Simple:tongue:

Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Doubt it. Well, if he's the kind of condescending guy to say that then yeah but he seems to be interested in youbas well from what youve said

Thanks for the reply guys. I just don't want to look like an idiot, in case he's just interested in being friends and that he knows I already like him. Why doesn't he admit whether he likes me or not? Because it makes me like him more, lol.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the reply guys. I just don't want to look like an idiot, in case he's just interested in being friends and that he knows I already like him. Why doesn't he admit whether he likes me or not? Because it makes me like him more, lol.

Sometimes the girl has to seize the initiative too..
Don't. Guy sounds like a beta.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Sometimes the girl has to seize the initiative too..

Lol, I tend to anyway. This time round, I just can't tell what he wants and I don't want to come across as clingy or anything.

Original post by Stefano93
Don't. Guy sounds like a beta.

Haha, what makes you say that? :P
Lol, I tend to anyway. This time round, I just can't tell what he wants and I don't want to come across as clingy or anything.

Haha, what makes you say that? :P

Not gonna lie, he does sound a bit beta - sneaking his number into your phone instead of just giving it to you outright/asking for yours, chickening out by saying you have things in common instead of saying he likes you wants to go out or chat, and then chickening out by saying he's blushing instead of replying. He's coaxing you into doing the legwork without putting himself on the line. That's pretty damn beta.
Reply 8
Not gonna lie, he does sound a bit beta - sneaking his number into your phone instead of just giving it to you outright/asking for yours, chickening out by saying you have things in common instead of saying he likes you wants to go out or chat, and then chickening out by saying he's blushing instead of replying. He's coaxing you into doing the legwork without putting himself on the line. That's pretty damn beta.

Hmm, that makes sense actually. I'm not sure what I should do now. Should I bring it up again or what? Also... I forgot to add, but when I said I liked him and he blushed, etc, he also said "it's a bit early, no?" That's what confused me.
Reply 9
Anyone else??
Hmm, that makes sense actually. I'm not sure what I should do now. Should I bring it up again or what? Also... I forgot to add, but when I said I liked him and he blushed, etc, he also said "it's a bit early, no?" That's what confused me.

Well after hearing that last tidbit, don't bring it up again. If he's that bothered, he'll make the move.

However, personally, I wouldn't bother with his mind games (I'm not into beta boys) as he sounds pathetic. You deserve someone who doesn't play games and tease you, and he sounds like he's scared of committing.
Well after hearing that last tidbit, don't bring it up again. If he's that bothered, he'll make the move.

However, personally, I wouldn't bother with his mind games (I'm not into beta boys) as he sounds pathetic. You deserve someone who doesn't play games and tease you, and he sounds like he's scared of committing.

Thank you for the response, again.

Maybe you're right, I am probably wasting my time. I should keep my distance, I suppose. I'll see how his response is to that. :smile:
Thank you for the response, again.

Maybe you're right, I am probably wasting my time. I should keep my distance, I suppose. I'll see how his response is to that. :smile:

I do hope you get the clarity that you need from him and the situ!! Good luck, OP :smile:
I do hope you get the clarity that you need from him and the situ!! Good luck, OP :smile:

Aww, well thank you. :smile:
I got a colleague at work to ask him what he thought about me, and only likes me as a friend because he thinks I'm "a bit too much" and wants to be with someone who's a bit happier. Although, he says I'm good to talk to and stuff.

A bit disappointed, but I'll move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending