The Student Room Group

Need help with Harvard referencing

I need to hand in a paper tomorrow, and I have some trouble with referencing.

In my paper, I cite from author A, then I cite from author B, then from author A again a few sentences down.

How should I do the referencing? Should I reference author A twice?

Example paragraph:

The hypothalamic–pituitary–gonadal axis (also HPG axis) refers to the effects of the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and gonads. (Author A, 2012)
This axis controls development, reproduction, and aging in animals. (Author B, 2012) Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) is secreted from the hypothalamus by GnRH-expressing neurons. (Author A, 2012)

Would this be an appropriate way to reference using the Harvard style?
Reply 1
Original post by 1drowssap
I need to hand in a paper tomorrow, and I have some trouble with referencing.

In my paper, I cite from author A, then I cite from author B, then from author A again a few sentences down.

How should I do the referencing? Should I reference author A twice?

Example paragraph:

The hypothalamic–pituitary–gonadal axis (also HPG axis) refers to the effects of the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and gonads. (Author A, 2012)
This axis controls development, reproduction, and aging in animals. (Author B, 2012) Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) is secreted from the hypothalamus by GnRH-expressing neurons. (Author A, 2012)

Would this be an appropriate way to reference using the Harvard style?

Anyone?
That's how I would do it but only put author a in your reference list once unless its different books/journals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Sophi12
That's how I would do it but only put author a in your reference list once unless its different books/journals

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending