The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Corpus Christi College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Take a taxi or a map. The station is only about 20 minutes from Corpus at average walking speed, but it's not at all obvious how to get to the centre from there. It also means a taxi will cost you under a fiver.

Rough directions, though: come out of the train station, and walk to the end of Station Road. Turn right and walk down this street. Your street will change into Hills Road, Regent Street and then finally St. Andrew's Street. Somewhere on St. Andrew's Street you'll see Emma (the college, not just one of my friends) on your right and Nando's on your left, and turn left immediately after Nando's. Walk lots again until you get to Trumpington Street (you should see the Fitzbillies café on your right and Pembroke on your left). Turn right and walk into the centre, and Corpus is a couple of hundred metres down on your right. See map below - the train station is off the bottom right of the picture.

(Edit: one of those sentences made no sense.)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Thank you, thats so helpful!
Don't do what I did on the day of my interview! My policy was to walk in a straight line until I reached pretty buildings, I must have had a bit of pace on, because I ended up completely overshooting it and coming at it completely the opposite way i.e passing Gonville & Caius, King's, Trinity etc.
Google street view it
Reply 584
I did this a few weeks ago! lol
Leave the station and walk down that road till you come to the big junction (laugh at all the bikes as you walk past)
Turn right onto Hills Road
Keep walking til you find a crossing, cross over, staying on Hills Road and walking in the same direction
Eventually you'll see another big junction, turn left onto Lensfield Road
At the end of that road you'll meet a T-junction, turn right onto Trumpington Street
Then just keep on walking, it'll be on your right
Youl'l walk past Fiztwillam Museum and Peterhouse college, both on your left, and then Pembroke college and a lovely bakery called Fitzbillies, both on your right. It's really very close to this.
Corpus is opposite St. Catherine's
If you get lost just ask someone, if you get to King's College and lots of shops then you've gone too far :biggrin:
And do walk if it's a nice day.
Reply 586
just look for a golden time eating locust.
Cambridge ain't that big anyways, unless it's Homerton or Girton or one of those faraway colleges... just walking randomly towards the centre would probably do the trick.

Thats how I found Emmanuel the first time I went for an interview... I had no clue where it was, lost all the maps and everything... it was raining and I started walking aimlessly until I kinda felt like stopping turning around and there it was :biggrin:
Reply 588
Well just ask a student tbh, I did this when I was on teh bus, bumped into some St John's girls, when i went for my interview @ Kings. They were very helpful, and it was night time and very dark so i dont know what i would have done without their help.
Reply 589
Fleurvert
Don't do what I did on the day of my interview! My policy was to walk in a straight line until I reached pretty buildings, I must have had a bit of pace on, because I ended up completely overshooting it and coming at it completely the opposite way i.e passing Gonville & Caius, King's, Trinity etc.
Hang on, so much random crap happened to you on interview day. That's really harsh with this, the room being empty etc.

When I went to my interview I bumped into my Maths Teacher and he gave me directions, got a bit lost walking from the train station.
----------------
Now playing: Demon Hunter - The Tide Began To Rise via FoxyTunes
Reply 590
Chewwy
This, you can't miss it. Walk up trumpington street into town and if you see the Chronophage on your right (look out for it) you've just overshot Corpus. Walk back along trumpington until you see the entrance.
----------------
Now playing: Demon Hunter - The Tide Began To Rise via FoxyTunes
Chewwy

This made me chuckle. I still can't decide whether it's a brilliant creation, an abomination, or some amalgam of the two.
azhao
Hang on, so much random crap happened to you on interview day. That's really harsh with this, the room being empty etc.

The room thing was definitely the scariest. I think I may be cursed. I'll turn up in October and they'll be like, "Oh, we meant the other girl!".
Reply 593
Fleurvert
The room thing was definitely the scariest. I think I may be cursed. I'll turn up in October and they'll be like, "Oh, we meant the other girl!".
There'll be an initiation test along the lines of drink 10 pints and stay standing or you're out, haha.
azhao
There'll be an initiation test along the lines of drink 10 pints and stay standing or you're out, haha.

I'll have to get practicing.
Reply 595
Got my accomodation letter today.

I'm thinking maybe:
Price Band 2: £740-£770
Modern

Possibly, anyone care to enlighten me on what the price bands and style of rooms differ in?
Reply 596
azhao
Got my accomodation letter today.

I'm thinking maybe:
Price Band 2: £740-£770
Modern

Possibly, anyone care to enlighten me on what the price bands and style of rooms differ in?

Yeah, I want to know this as well. There isn't a lot of information to go on!
Geritak

I know! That big letter is just way too much for me to take in on a weekend.

I would like to know a bit about the bands too. I'm wavering between bands 2 and 3, but they are disconcertingly far down the scale, so I'm worried that I may end up in a shed or something.
Reply 598
Geritak
You don't appear to be in our Facebook group! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=531981842&v=feed&story_fbid=76485381483#/group.php?gid=81695775074

Join now, u know you want to!
Reply 599
When I went to Corpus at Easter, I stayed in the guest room. It was in Old Court, quite small and frighteningly hot despite the weather, and the sink sounded like it was muttering in its sleep. I really don't know where in the scale it would come, lol. Maybe if someone could make a guess at that, so I have a better idea?

Fleurvert
I would like to know a bit about the bands too. I'm wavering between bands 2 and 3, but they are disconcertingly far down the scale, so I'm worried that I may end up in a shed or something.

I'm having the same problem, especially with the old-modern dinstinction, and whether it's worth sacrificing mod cons for 'character'. I mean, what exactly constitutes 'character' in an old room? Apart from plumbing that talks to you?

azhao
You don't appear to be in our Facebook group!

That would be because I'm old fashioned and don't have a Facebook account, lol. :o:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending