The Student Room Group

Gap year advice for chalet hosting

I'm taking a year out starting September, before I go to uni the following September. I would like to go and be a chalet host over the season coming up but I have no idea how or where to apply, where the best places are to go and what is expected of me. Any advice that anyone has on this would be appreciated. I love cooking and looking after people so that's not an issue, also love skiing.
Thanks, please help x
Hi,

Just read your post. I am in the same situation that you were last year! I am taking a gap year starting this September and really want to spend part of it working a season in a ski resort.

Did you have any luck with it? And if so, I'd be grateful for any advice and tips that you may have from it!
Hi guys,

If you're interested in taking becoming a chalet host you should think about applying to one week or two week cooking courses at the Avenue Cookery School. They are so much fun, really informative and education (not to mention you eat enough delicious food that you could explode!) Teaching you from basic food skills to perfecting the perfect roast!

Many cooking schools are also networked with ski chalets and help to place you in a ski resort!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest