The Student Room Group

is 1 slice of meat enough protein for lunch for a grown man?

Scroll to see replies

Not this again!

Buy your own food!
Bacon and eggs with a glass of milk for breakfast

Chicken or quorn chicken and pasta for lunch

Beans and cheese on toast for dinner

Cereal and milk with a glass of milk for supper

That's about 75 grams of protein for an easily achievable diet
Original post by iAmanze
That's horribly small! You must have non-existent muscle mass with that protein intake :/. Your body would be breaking down muscle to source amino acids as you are lacking them from diet.

I personally consume 200 - 280g of protein a day on a 3100 calorie diet (Gym 6 times a week) and thus to me it seems even more abnormal O_O

Yes. I'm a bean pole because I eat just enough but generally clean( cough*hello orthorexia*cough) and he's sort of skinny fat, doesn't lift at all

that's what the PT said, atrophy erryday

Das it mane

Seriously though 280g a day?! Waaat

You are working out almost every day though
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
L
sometimes it'll be cheese etc. sure, but other times he has things like marmite or jam on toast for lunch and ai'm pretty sure marmite and jam aren't protein sources! :tongue:

I've also been criticised for using a whole can of beans ir tuna before, or mostly recently 3 boiled eggs on toast for lunch (out of a 12 pack)

I eat 3 eggs for breakfast most mornings, I don't think it's that big a deal. I have kind of the same problem though, started lifting again recently but not eating enough to fuel growth.
Original post by sherlockfan
Not this again!

Buy your own food!

You spin me right round Bandy right round
like a record Bandy right round round round
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Man you can't be that precise, it gets to pedantry and pseudoscience. Just do what you feel, don't over or undereat. But don't eat no carbs and all protein.

Yeah my mum would be food policing.me again if I went full keto bro lol

Again according to the PT what I 'feel' is significantly undereating. I'm basically on a constant ****ty cut. I'm not too bothered for the time being having c. 60g but when Dad gets these weird ideas I'm just like dhkgkbwhhc grrr
I am reliability informed that male vegetarians exist.
You spin me right round Bandy right round
like a record Bandy right round round round

stop spouting bull****, grow up and buy your own food, that's what your benefit money is for.
Original post by earthworm

Original post by earthworm

Of course! My friend is one. But he is not a sporty person in the least. My dad may have jam on toast or granola for brek then do a 15 mile cycle. Also he's not even vegetarian
Original post by Prince_fancybum
Bacon and eggs with a glass of milk for breakfast

Chicken or quorn chicken and pasta for lunch

Beans and cheese on toast for dinner

Cereal and milk with a glass of milk for supper

That's about 75 grams of protein for an easily achievable diet

Drools

i sort of have such meals when he isn't around. Funnily enough that's also when I can actually get and stay horny :s-smilie:

Original post by Dr Pesto
I eat 3 eggs for breakfast most mornings, I don't think it's that big a deal. I have kind of the same problem though, started lifting again recently but not eating enough to fuel growth.

Nor do I but he is getting really tight about the lunches

It's not as much of an issue for noob gains man, you should see yoir bf% drop and LBM increase slightly just by training for the first few months.
Original post by miser
Meat isn't the only source of protein, so the answer could be yes or no, depending on the other particularities of the diet.

typical Green Party response
Original post by plasmaman

But true
Reply 32

Some people try to bring politics into everything. :tongue:
Original post by miser
Some people try to bring politics into everything. :tongue:

A reduction in the consumption of animal products would have benefits for the environment, human health and animal welfare. The Green Party will support a progressive transition from diets dominated by meat and other animal products to healthier diets based on plant foods

From the Green Party website
I see you're towing the party line!
Reply 34
A reduction in the consumption of animal products would have benefits for the environment, human health and animal welfare. The Green Party will support a progressive transition from diets dominated by meat and other animal products to healthier diets based on plant foods

That's not false though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Can you not get whey, cheapest source of protein and no cooking required. How old are you?
Original post by RobML
That's not false though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it is, because the Green Party wont ever get the chance to encourage said transition.
Reply 37
Well it is, because the Green Party wont ever get the chance to encourage said transition.

They've only said they support the said transition

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nor do I but he is getting really tight about the lunches

It's not as much of an issue for noob gains man, you should see yoir bf% drop and LBM increase slightly just by training for the first few months.

Eggs aren't expensive though, you could buy your own and chow down whenever you want. Whole milk is cheap and good as well.

I am seeing a difference, but I think that's because my arms were pretty pathetic to begin with.
Reply 39

That's not even political rhetoric, that's just true.

Quick Reply

Latest