The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Brunel is strong in engineering, and has a great record of placing students on sandwich placements as part of their degree. Still, not on the same planet as the Russell Group.
Reply 2
Original post by somemightsay888
Too many of them brown and black folk for your liking imo, you'll wanna look elsewhere.

really have I been anti brown/black in my posts on the student room?

Not me an I'm applying next year
Reply 3
Original post by studyworm
Brunel is strong in engineering, and has a great record of placing students on sandwich placements as part of their degree. Still, not on the same planet as the Russell Group.

how far below the RG?
Original post by UKIProud
how far below the RG?

Significantly.
Reply 5
Original post by studyworm
Significantly.

How does it compare to QMUL? she has 2 offers but prefers the look of brunel
How does it compare to QMUL? she has 2 offers but prefers the look of brunel

QMUL would be seen as top 25, Brunel maybe top 40-50.
really have I been anti brown/black in my posts on the student room?

Yes....or do you not remember this little quip from the thread you started called 'Ladies, What do you think of the BBC?'

UKIP doesn't like big black cocks, they belong to immigrants
Reply 8
Original post by gsw08
Yes....or do you not remember this little quip from the thread you started called 'Ladies, What do you think of the BBC?'

satire
The only people who care about going to a Russell Group uni are the people on this website. The majority of employers couldn't care less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
satire

Your spelling isn't up to much a you've spelt 'I'm a massive racist' wrong.
Reply 11
Original post by somemightsay888
Too many of them brown and black folk for your liking imo, you'll wanna look elsewhere.

ayy lmao
Reply 12
It doesn't rank very highly, if that's what you're after.
A friend has an offer, is the social life/academics good?

Social life is great, many nightlife events are run in the SU and generally in Brunel and with close proximity to Central London if you want a proper night out. There is a very diverse mix of students from 'street people' to upper/middle class and there are particularly large amounts of international students. As for academics, Brunel is good for engineering and reasonable for social sciences, but you may find at least half of your lecturers can't teach for sh*t :mad: :mad: It is also great for placements and there is LOTS of careers/job/placement support available. I would say Brunel definitely gives you an all round student experience and is an alright uni.
Yes it is. Don't overthink it.

Asking TSR if a non-RG uni is a good uni is like asking Hitler who is favourite Jew is. The opinions of students oppose the opinions of the vast majority of employers.
Original post by Exon
It doesn't rank very highly, if that's what you're after.

Because league tables are the be all and end all right. I'm sure OP can see a few league tables and know where it's ranked, that doesn't answer the question about if it's a good uni.

Which OP, it's an okay uni, not great, not bad but they're really good with placements which would enhance your career prospects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Funkyhouse
Social life is great, many nightlife events are run in the SU and generally in Brunel and with close proximity to Central London if you want a proper night out. There is a very diverse mix of students from 'street people' to upper/middle class and there are particularly large amounts of international students. As for academics, Brunel is good for engineering and reasonable for social sciences, but you may find at least half of your lecturers can't teach for sh*t :mad: :mad: It is also great for placements and there is LOTS of careers/job/placement support available. I would say Brunel definitely gives you an all round student experience and is an alright uni.

thanks will pass this on. Do you go btw? Which courses have bad lecturers? :s-smilie:
thanks will pass this on. Do you go btw? Which courses have bad lecturers? :s-smilie:

I wouldn't get too hung up on the 'bad lecturers' thing, many degree (if not all) subjects are mostly independent work anyway. And anything lecturers don't teach you properly on, you could probably google haha. That's what I used to do.
My cousin went there through clearing. Its a BBB university.
Original post by BCMFM16
My cousin went there through clearing. Its a BBB university.

What does it matter if someone went through clearing? There are people who get into Top Russell Group unis through clearing