The Student Room Group

Gcse ict

Hi, i have my GCSE ICT exam next week i dont know how to revise for it. what shall i do?? Help asap will be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Which exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If its edexcel, i would recommend using the book they made as it has all the required topics that may possibly come up in the exams
I have the exact same exam..are you doing your practical paper next week?
Original post by Rabbi_Daniel
If its edexcel, i would recommend using the book they made as it has all the required topics that may possibly come up in the exams

My exam board is OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fliss1988

What do you mean? 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Dont stress, when I did GCSE ICT my teacher did not teach us anything and I mean like nearly all the GCSE classes failed because she taught the majority of them. Anyway Im not sure about OCR but I did WJEC I think, and all I did was made notes on everything literally like a night or two before, that does not mean to say that you should do the same. Also I found that doing past papers helped sooooo much as I was familiar with the wording when I went into the exam! I recommend that you do past papers because they do repeat questions.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Guèpard
Dont stress, when I did GCSE ICT my teacher did not teach us anything and I mean like nearly all the GCSE classes failed because she taught the majority of them. Anyway Im not sure about OCR but I did WJEC I think, and all I did was made notes on everything literally like a night or two before, that does not mean to say that you should do the same. Also I found that doing past papers helped sooooo much as I was familiar with the wording when I went into the exam! I recommend that you do past papers because they do repeat questions.

Good luck :smile:

Can I ask when did you start doing past papers? What grade did you get?
Reply 9
Well I did some questions roughly in class but basically the night before I looked at the question paper answered the question briefly in my head and checked the mark scheme. This way you know what the examiners are looking for. But I only did that because I didnt have much time but you have time to properly go through papers.

I got an A and full marks on my two coursework modules.
Original post by Guèpard
Well I did some questions roughly in class but basically the night before I looked at the question paper answered the question briefly in my head and checked the mark scheme. This way you know what the examiners are looking for. But I only did that because I didnt have much time but you have time to properly go through papers.

I got an A and full marks on my two coursework modules.

Wow! That's really good!
Original post by bakersman110
Wow! That's really good!

Thank you :smile:
I've looked at past papers and to be honest some of the wording does not make sense to me!
Original post by Fliss1988

hey. are you sitting for the practical exam next week? i am sitting for it next wednesday. what about you?
Original post by sychosid
hey. are you sitting for the practical exam next week? i am sitting for it next wednesday. what about you?

What's a practical exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bakersman110
What's a practical exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i meant practical paper. the igcse edexcel ICT paper 2
I have the regular GCSE edexcel ICT paper on Wednesday next week. Definetley will be my easiest exam of all of my GCSEs
Original post by Turtlebunny
I have the regular GCSE edexcel ICT paper on Wednesday next week. Definetley will be my easiest exam of all of my GCSEs

same here. i will also have mine on wednesday. do you think web authoring will come out?
Reply 18
I use this website http://www.mrfraser.org/
Original post by Rabbi_Daniel

Hey, which book is this? The revision guide?

Quick Reply

Latest