The Student Room Group

English Literature 2015 predictions

Hey guys, is anybody doing Edexcel Jane Eyre on Friday 15th May? Im struggling to make any predictions, so far religion is all I've come up with, does anyone else have any that could help me please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maymason
Hey guys, is anybody doing Edexcel Jane Eyre on Friday 15th May? Im struggling to make any predictions, so far religion is all I've come up with, does anyone else have any that could help me please?

Identity maybe? Or the role of men? I'm not sure if that's already been asked tho!!
Reply 2
Original post by Fishy5891
Identity maybe? Or the role of men? I'm not sure if that's already been asked tho!!

okay thank you!
Original post by maymason

Im doing Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso. Nervous for it because my teachers have been so bad :frown:(
Reply 4
I'm doing edexcel too, but I'm doing Brighton Rock a clockwork orange and land poetry! Anyone one else doing the same? Any predictions? My teacher thinks maybe religion for BR?
Original post by Oleg2015
I'm doing edexcel too, but I'm doing Brighton Rock a clockwork orange and land poetry! Anyone one else doing the same? Any predictions? My teacher thinks maybe religion for BR?

I'm doing land poetry
Has anyone got any notes or advice for the exam?
I'm resitting my exam this year, and all I can say is last years exam was pretty tough. It was on 'female concerns' and was really stressful as it wasn't like any of the questions we'd done in class. Have a feeling something on men, the supernatural or narrative voice might come up- just don't know! Any advice?

I'm doing these too aswell and tbh most the answers to any question always always involved religious motifs and imagery so I'd be so happy if it came up
Apart from that I really need help my teacher isn't the best and we haven't even fully read the book, I could do with some key ways to structure the prose answer and maybe some quotes
Cheers!
Reply 9
I'm doing Jane Eyre and The Magic Toyshop, is it weird that I'm kind of excited for this exam?! Knowing my luck a question on irony will come up, I literally have no idea how I would write a whole essay on it. Symbolism hasn't come up for a while, neither has appearance vs reality. I would be soooo happy if it was on dramatic scenes and settings but that's come up twice already.

Good Luck to everyone doing this exam!! 🍀🍀
Original post by hannah123.
Im doing Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso. Nervous for it because my teachers have been so bad :frown:(

SAME situation here!! actually resitting the exam as I didn't do so well last year..
Original post by beckymayjones
I'm resitting my exam this year, and all I can say is last years exam was pretty tough. It was on 'female concerns' and was really stressful as it wasn't like any of the questions we'd done in class. Have a feeling something on men, the supernatural or narrative voice might come up- just don't know! Any advice?

I'm facing the same situation. Last year's question was just so difficult for me to tackle. I'm placing my bets on something on role of men or identity/social class...
I've read a really useful theses on the role of men in Jane Eyre today, might be of some use.. It is quite long!

http://digitalcommons.bucknell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1264&context=honors_theses

My teacher also suggested revising Gothic conventions? If you're interested here is another critical reading of the Female Gothic novel.

http://www.studentpulse.com/articles/885/jane-eyre-as-a-female-gothic-novel

I'm so nervous, last year I panicked so much... and I found the unseen so difficult!
Original post by priceyyy27
I'm doing these too aswell and tbh most the answers to any question always always involved religious motifs and imagery so I'd be so happy if it came up
Apart from that I really need help my teacher isn't the best and we haven't even fully read the book, I could do with some key ways to structure the prose answer and maybe some quotes
Cheers!

Are you doing Part (A) or (B) ?
Anybody doing Pride and Prejudice for this?
Reply 15
I'm doing P&P! Have you got any predictions? I'm so worried about the question being really obscure

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea! Hoping something on themes of marriage or love will come up because that doesn't seem to happen and would be quite straightforward. How do you include form and structure in your answer?
Hasn't the theme of men come up already??

Just learn key quotes and apply them into a well developed answer...
(edited 8 years ago)
For JE & WSS I'm predicting either religion or the supernatural/gothic
Reply 19

I'm doing those novels too, but i'm doing home poetry...religion could come up..it's debatable..or could be a theme..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending