The Student Room Group

Predict AS/ A-level grades + state your subjects! :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zer0.
I agree with Unit 1; though Unit 2 will be 83/100 minimum.

@emma_1111

I think unit 1 will be a bit lower as it was 55 last year and I think it was slightly harder this year than last
Predicted A Level grades:

ICT - A (hopefully)
Geology - B (possibly C but I'm hoping for a B)
Geography - C/D (depending on how badly I messed up the module 4 exam)
Original post by miakia
No it wasn't, sorry! It was just about Duffy's Feminine Gospels. Must be a different exam board :dontknow: hopefully yours went better than mine did though, it was so bad :ashamed2:

Ahh right, yeah must be!
I'm sure you've done well though!! English is so subjective, you can never say whether you've done well or not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel for maths and fm, ocr b for physics.
English lit - A (if not I'll be happy with a B)
Philosophy and ethics- B (if I didn't screw my ethics paper up as much as I think I have)
Psychology- B (pretty confident I'll get)
Hoping:
Business: Distinction*
Psychology: B
Drama: B

Realistically:
Business: Distinction*
Psychology: C
Drama: D

I kinda know the business grade with it being BTEC but I'm hoping that all my results will kind of 'level out'. My drama teacher said my AS re-sit was good but I know my written exam for it went awful & PSYA3 paper was a dream - PSYA4 was pretty good too I'm hoping things will turn out okay. Good luck everybody! :smile:
Maths - A
German - A
Further Maths - probably B
Physics - definitely B
For AS I'm hoping for ABB/ABC but realistically I'm thinking;
Maths A
German C
French D
I've resat the year after getting CDD so I'll be gutted if I do get another D in French but it's looking highly likely :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping for:
French: A
English language: A/B
Psychology: B but think I might get a C
Biology: I got an A in the coursework (20%) but I'm fairly sure I'd be lucky to get Es in the exam, anyone know what I'd need to get a grade, dropping it anyway but feel like it would have been a waste of a year to get a U!
Worst case scenario:
History-A
Economics-B
Maths-B
Further Maths-B

Realistic scenario:
History-A
Economics-A
Further Maths A
Maths- A/B
Original post by miakia
AS Levels -

English Lit - A (did badly on the Duffy exam but got full marks on my coursework so i hope it pulls it up!)
Art and Design - B (loved the coursework but got lazy on the exam stuff :frown:)
Chemistry - C if I'm lucky (messed up unit 2 so bad)
History - A (feeling good about this one :biggrin:)

*crosses fingers*

AQA chem?
AS levels:

Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - B (no idea really, could be A or C as well)
Maths - B (I can't say about maths either, it's a range from A to C but I'm guessing it's B)
BCUU, hsc, economics, chemistry, biology
Original post by Chembio123
BCUU, hsc, economics, chemistry, biology

U's in chem and bio and your username is "chembio123". I bet you're being really humble lol
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
U's in chem and bio and your username is "chembio123". I bet you're being really humble lol

Lmaoooo. I'm not very creative when it comes to usernames. How about ecohsc?
Original post by Chembio123
Lmaoooo. I'm not very creative when it comes to usernames. How about ecohsc?

haha that could work!Why do you think you got U's, was it just not enough hours put into learning the concepts/facts or did you feel like you didn't do enough exam practice?
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
haha that could work!Why do you think you got U's, was it just not enough hours put into learning the concepts/facts or did you feel like you didn't do enough exam practice?

Honestly, I failed due to stupid mistakes! It's so frustrating! 😫 I found the past papers for chemistry very good, I was getting As in them all yet failed both exams. Chem teacher was very good, we basically taught ourselves the biology as our teacher didn't bother teaching us or showing up to class half of the time :smile:)))
AS exam results

Fine Art - A
History - A
Government and Politics - A
Philosophy - A

Predicted A2

History A
Government and Politics A*
Philosophy A*

what i actually think

History B
Government and Politics B
Philosophy A

most of my exams went terrible :'(
Original post by RehanJak98
Edexcel IAL AS Level (predictions) :
Mathematics - B
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A

GCSE grades - 7A*, 2A, 1C
Do you guys think I can apply for UCL/QMUL/KCL ?

If you actually achieve those AS grades I have no doubt that you can apply and receive offers, but it'll also depend on the course you want to apply for to and whether that is overly competitive or not? I mean I only got 1A*, 4A's, 3 B's and 3C's at GCSE but then got 4 A's at AS and got uni offers at UCL and LSE even though my GCSE grades fell short of what they wanted.
Reply 459
Original post by elizabeth1006
If you actually achieve those AS grades I have no doubt that you can apply and receive offers, but it'll also depend on the course you want to apply for to and whether that is overly competitive or not? I mean I only got 1A*, 4A's, 3 B's and 3C's at GCSE but then got 4 A's at AS and got uni offers at UCL and LSE even though my GCSE grades fell short of what they wanted.

Hi what course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest