The Student Room Group

Predict AS/ A-level grades + state your subjects! :)

Scroll to see replies

English Lit: A
History: A (hopefully!!)
Government and Politics: A
Reply 101
Predicted AS Grades:

English Literature - A
Philosophy - A
Chemistry - A
Psychology - A

(Assuming everything goes to plan. All examinations thus far have went reasonably well; the chemistry unit 2 exam which is soon to take place should be okay)
AS level, I was aiming for 4 As but I don't see that happening anymore :frown: so predictions

Maths - B
Further Maths - B
Physics - C
Product design - B

I should be doing a lot better than this...

EDIT: edited physics to a C as I really messed up on the 2nd exam and the practical
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SashaF
Check your accuracy in August!

Biology: B (although I'm hoping by some miracle I scrape an A)

Geography: B (again I'm hoping I'll scrape an A)

English Literature: A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amelimoo
Biology: B (although I'm hoping by some miracle I scrape an A)

Geography: B (again I'm hoping I'll scrape an A)

English Literature: A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which exam boards are you on for Bio and Geography? I'm only at AS and I'm dropping geography next year because there's no was I'm getting higher than a C this year!
Maths: U
Chemistry: U
Biology: U
Economics: U
[QUOTE=LucieTeresa;56209669]Which exam boards are you on for Bio and Geography? I'm only at AS and I'm dropping geography next year because there's no was I'm getting higher than a C this year!
Biology I'm on OCR
Geography AQA
And really?! Loads of my class are struggling to get higher than C's but I'm finding it really easy compared to my other subjects
Original post by SashaF
WOW! I'm sure you'll ace! Uni plans?

:smile: well iv'e got to.
Going for PPE at Oxford.Says AAA on website but A*AA is more realistic. Gonna be a challenge but i'd prefer it that way, i need pressure to actually get work done sometimes lol.
Assuming that all goes well:

Maths - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Biology - A
German - A

AS exams btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by legoody
(best case)
English Lit - A/B.... Exam was pretty **** but hopefully it's pulled up as I have full marks coursework)
Economics - A/B/C/D ... Who knows? Grade boundaries are impossible to predict and it's pretty much impossible to know how the exam went haha
Biology - A... Unit 1 has gone well, just gotta sort out Unit 2. Full marks on ISA.
Chemistry - A/B... Aka hell. Unit 1 went better then expected (about 53 marks I think), but Unit 2 is genuinely horrific so probably drag it down. Full marks on ISA to push up though.

8A*s/4As at GCSE. Not the best exam season for me to be honest, didn't really start revising until May and generally ****ed up haha

Exam board you do for economics?
Original post by Yousf
Exam board you do for economics?

Edexcel.
I study Chemistry, Spanish, Physics, Maths, Business and English. Got AAAAAA in mocks, hoping for the same come results day :smile:
Original post by Angelo12231
Still got 5 exams. But would like to see:

Best case: AAAA
Worst case: AAAB

Maths. biology. Chemistry. Physics (lol)

If I do get a B in physics then Im taking further maths next year anyway. People find it weird how I can do maths but not physics, but I don't find it weird at ALL!

The whole A2 FM or just AS?
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
The whole A2 FM or just AS?

just AS
AS grades achieved:

History: A
Maths: C
Physics: D

A2 Predicted:

History: C
Maths: A/A*
Physics: A

Quite the opposite year from AS. I found passion for sciences and lost the spark for humanities. Sums up my year. )
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whydoidothis?
Maths-A
Chemistry-A
Biology-A
Economics-B

I am doing A/S. Done most my exams think il get AABB-AAAA, hard to judge how i did in economics and the grade boundaries in maths.

Eco suppose to be A**, you pig.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
AS grades achieved:

History: A
Maths: C
Physics: D

A2 Predicted:

History: C
Maths: A/A*
Physics: A

Quite the opposite year from AS. I found passion for sciences and lost the spark for humanities. Sums up my year. )

Is it possible to move from a C to A* in maths?
Original post by SashaF
Is it possible to move from a C to A* in maths?

Definitely, I just about scraped a C = 181/300 for AS yet my A2 mocks have been A*AA. (C3/C4/M1)

Maths is all about understanding. It doesn't matter if you don't do well in C1-C2 at AS as by the time you finish learning C4, C1-C2 are just instinct. The harder you work throughout the whole year the less work you will have to put in at the end. Therefore, I would strongly recommend to work hard and score the highest you can on your mocks as it will determine how much more progress is needed.

To get an A* you have to aim to ideally score 100 UMS as a mindset for every module so if you slip up you should be able to score 80-90 easily. With that said, I would highly recommend resitting all AS maths modules unless you scored 85-90+ ums.

I'm not sure every sixth-form college allows students to resit all maths modules as it could back fire but at the most they should allow 2 module resits.
Original post by AsandaLFC
Eco suppose to be A**, you pig.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A* at as level? okay
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dinaa
Maths: U
chemistry: U
biology: U
psychology: U

If there was a Z, I'd get it :u:

Srs

I took those exact same subjects last year, I know how hard it is.
I'm sure you did better than you think you did. I know that when I walk out of an exam feeling like I've completely failed I've normally done okay, I'm not sure if this applies to you.

Anyways, Good Luck in the rest of your exams! x

Quick Reply

Latest