The Student Room Group

Applying at 25

Hello, I'm looking to apply to university next year. I'm hoping to study chemistry. I'm completing my A-levels this year and am predicted A*A*A in the three I am currently studying. I achieved 4A's in the first year and in physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. I plan on taking a year out to work and save up money, but I'm also doing this because I was wondering what were my chances for applying to universities in London and perhaps even Oxbridge.

The main reason for my perturb is due to the fact that I attend university a couple of years ago and failed second year - being specific I didn't attend the exams as I disliked the course and wanted to redo my a-levels and pursue what really interested me.

I have two questions. One, do I still get the 2 years of funding that I didn't use from student finance? Two, what are my chances for applying to universities like Oxbridge and say KCL?

I didn't mention my GCSEs. They're pretty mediocre. I attained C's and redid a few of them to gain access to the A-level course (achieving A*s in them).
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Hello, I'm looking to apply to university next year. I'm hoping to study chemistry. I'm completing my A-levels this year and am predicted A*A*A in the three I am currently studying. I achieved 4A's in the first year and in physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. I plan on taking a year out to work and save up money, but I'm also doing this because I was wondering what were my chances for applying to universities in London and perhaps even Oxbridge.

The main reason for my perturb is due to the fact that I attend university a couple of years ago and failed second year - being specific I didn't attend the exams as I disliked the course and wanted to redo my a-levels and pursue what really interested me.

I have two questions. One, do I still get the 2 years of funding that I didn't use from student finance? Two, what are my chances for applying to universities like Oxbridge and say KCL?

I didn't mention my GCSEs. They're pretty mediocre. I attained C's and redid a few of them to gain access to the A-level course (achieving A*s in them).

Look at the entry requirements, you meet them so probably yes. If you already have your A-levels and your statement and interview are good you'll get unconditional offers. If you're unsure email the uni you're interested in.

You'll get the final two years of your course funded, but you will have to fund the first yourself.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U

I would email top universities like Oxbridge admissions to see if they will consider someone who has taken more than 2 years to achieve the entry requirement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending