The Student Room Group

Actuarial grad schemes 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamjamjamT
It is with Willis Towers Watson. I got the phone call a few hours ago. :biggrin:

Wow! Well done! :biggrin: was that a quick process? I just did the tests for them today!
Original post by mathematigeek
Wow! Well done! :biggrin: was that a quick process? I just did the tests for them today!

Thank you. I had the email to say that I passed the tests on Oct 26 and that I was invited to a digital interview which I did on the 31st. A few days later I had the email saying I was through to the AC which was last Friday the 11th and today I had the call offering me the post. Chuffed is an understatement.
Just had an email asking me to attend a Barnett Waddingham Assessment Centre but I have reluctantly declined because I am accepting the WTW offer.
Also had an email saying that KPMG had filled all of their Internship roles and that my application was being held over for next year and I had an email from Mazars saying that all of their roles were full as well.
Anybody got any advice for the Zurich video interview? Assume it's mostly competency based but not sure what competencies to focus on or motivational questions to look into.
Original post by neosynth
Anybody got any advice for the Zurich video interview? Assume it's mostly competency based but not sure what competencies to focus on or motivational questions to look into.

cant really remember a lot of it but it was fairly simple standard competency stuff + why Zurich etc. There are about 7 questions I think and one of them is a writing one where they give you a few minutes to write a response to a competency question. As long as you have a few experiences in your head, the competencies were pretty easy to match up and they gave you enough time to prepare for your answers.

Got final interview for EY Actuarial, if anyone has any tips that'd be cool :smile:
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
cant really remember a lot of it but it was fairly simple standard competency stuff + why Zurich etc. There are about 7 questions I think and one of them is a writing one where they give you a few minutes to write a response to a competency question. As long as you have a few experiences in your head, the competencies were pretty easy to match up and they gave you enough time to prepare for your answers.

Got final interview for EY Actuarial, if anyone has any tips that'd be cool :smile:

thank you! congrats good luck! I'm getting proper nervous now as im already doing a gap year
Just had an email asking me to attend a Barnett Waddingham Assessment Centre but I have reluctantly declined because I am accepting the WTW offer.
Also had an email saying that KPMG had filled all of their Internship roles and that my application was being held over for next year and I had an email from Mazars saying that all of their roles were full as well.

Hi, could you tell me what questions were in your Barnett Waddingham phone interview, I have one next week! Many thanks
Original post by Akasop10
Hi, could you tell me what questions were in your Barnett Waddingham phone interview, I have one next week! Many thanks

The interview was quite informal and was based around the initial questions on the application form. It was less than 30 minutes and they told me about the upcoming AC. A few days later I had an email inviting me to the AC but I did not attend.
The interview was quite informal and was based around the initial questions on the application form. It was less than 30 minutes and they told me about the upcoming AC. A few days later I had an email inviting me to the AC but I did not attend.

Thanks! Do you remember any competency questions? and did you have question such as Why BW, Why the role?
Original post by Akasop10
Thanks! Do you remember any competency questions? and did you have question such as Why BW, Why the role?

Like I said, it was the same questions that were on the application form like:-
Why your Uni?
Why your course?
Why BW?

and questions like:-
Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you didn't know?
Tell me about a time you had to explain something to someone who didn't understand?
I applied to BW first week of october but still not got a reply. I know it said that it could take up to 10 weeks but Should I assume that I have been
rejected then seeing how others have been passed through to next stage. If so, should I contact them asking for more details?
Any idea on average starting salary for a graduate role? What's a good starting salary for a role in London?
Original post by confused1996
Any idea on average starting salary for a graduate role? What's a good starting salary for a role in London?

Can anyone please elaborate on this? Many thanks. I just want to make sure the travel to London is worthwhile compared to a very small firm near where i live (1hr away from London).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending