The Student Room Group

Are you ready for A levels and What do you want to study?

I realised last night, since I have finished my exams that means no more GCSE'S. Which means A levels if you are going to sixth form. So are you ready to move on to sixth form and what do you want to study?

Scroll to see replies

I'm ready for the summer holidays xD. Sixth form? Meh. I will what its like on induction day. I'm going to study chemistry biology physics and maths.
Reply 2
Original post by RiahDawson
I'm ready for the summer holidays xD. Sixth form? Meh. I will what its like on induction day. I'm going to study chemistry biology physics and maths.

Wow! Good luck with your subjects. What do you want to study at university? and yeah there's two schools I'm still contemplating going to so I'm going to base my decision on the induction days,
Original post by GraceOggie
Wow! Good luck with your subjects. What do you want to study at university? and yeah there's two schools I'm still contemplating going to so I'm going to base my decision on the induction days,

Woah.stop right there. I've just finished my last GCSE today and you're making me think of university. :O i have no clue. Well thinking along the lines of "science" "engineering " and "computer science "
Thanks (: Same i have 2 schools I'm thinking about have 2 conditional offers. There's also a 3rd i might apply to if i get good grades on results day. How about you? What you studying next year? How about uni?
Reply 4
Next year I will be doing:
Maths (Helpful for a lot of possible things I want to do at Uni)

Physics (Really enjoyed at GCSE's and find it to be my strongest science and works well with Maths)

Computing (Did it for GCSE's and although it was slightly difficult it was really enjoyable and interesting to learn)

Economics (No experience with it but have heard how highly respectable it is and how useful it is)
Reply 5
Woah.stop right there. I've just finished my last GCSE today and you're making me think of university. :O i have no clue. Well thinking along the lines of "science" "engineering " and "computer science "
Thanks (: Same i have 2 schools I'm thinking about have 2 conditional offers. There's also a 3rd i might apply to if i get good grades on results day. How about you? What you studying next year? How about uni?

Yeah its the same with me the school I go to depends on the grades. I am sort of confident that I will go to my 1st choice because I did work hard for the exams but it doesn't matter because both schools are good. Next year I want to study Biology, Sport, Sociology and Media with sports leadership as an add on. Also the sixth I want to go makes it compulsory to study general studies for the 1st year. So I guess i'll be doing that as well! :smile: And for uni I also want to go down the sports/science based courses route. e.g. sports science, physiotherapy. That sort of stuff. GOOD LUCK for results day I'm sure you'll get the grades you deserve, :h:
(edited 8 years ago)

Chemistry, Biology and Physics?? You crazy? Your soon or later going to realise you either like Physics or Biology..
Reply 7
Original post by Chylz
Next year I will be doing:
Maths (Helpful for a lot of possible things I want to do at Uni)

Physics (Really enjoyed at GCSE's and find it to be my strongest science and works well with Maths)

Computing (Did it for GCSE's and although it was slightly difficult it was really enjoyable and interesting to learn)

Economics (No experience with it but have heard how highly respectable it is and how useful it is)

Good choices! Do you also have a career in mind that these courses will help you work towards?
Reply 8
Chemistry, Biology, Maths, and Latin. I was going to do Physics instead of Latin but I reckon all that science and maths would put a strain on me, plus Latin is respected and shows that you can communicate well, which is something they look for
Original post by GraceOggie
Yeah its the same with me the school I go to depends on the grades. I am sort of confident that I will go to my 1st choice because I did work hard for the exams but it doesn't matter because both schools are good. Next year I want to study Biology, Sport, Sociology and Media with sports leadership as an add on. Also the sixth I want to go makes it compulsory to study general studies for the 1st year. So I guess i'll be doing that as well! :smile: And for uni I also want to go down the sports/science based courses route. e.g. sports science, physiotherapy. That sort of stuff. GOOD LUCK for results day I'm sure you'll get the grades you deserve, :h:

Thank youu i really do hope i get the grades ^_^ GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO.
Reply 10
Hi :smile: I've still good two exams left (statistics tomorrow and RE Buddhism next Tuesday) but I thought I'd reply regardless 😂 Next year I'm taking: Biology, History, English Literature and either Chemistry or Psychology (still undecided- will probably depend on what I get in chemistry on results day and a psychology taster lesson I have!)
I'm also going to do critical thinking AS (we have to take it for the first term and then get to decide if we want to continue it, but as most of my exams will be in year 13 with this new 2 year course thing, I'll probably decide to continue it), and I also want to take EPQ in year 12 or 13 😊
Original post by ckfeister
Chemistry, Biology and Physics?? You crazy? Your soon or later going to realise you either like Physics or Biology..

Lmao. Nah. It's actually quite a popular choice in the sixth forms I've applied to. I was considering further maths but then that would be a bit much (though some of my friends are doing it) . I like biology AND physics. I find them both really intresting. I don't get why some people are "i like physics, biology is too hard" or "i like biology hate physics " . Chemistry is probably my least favorite.
Lmao. Nah. It's actually quite a popular choice in the sixth forms I've applied to. I was considering further maths but then that would be a bit much (though some of my friends are doing it) . I like biology AND physics. I find them both really intresting. I don't get why some people are "i like physics, biology is too hard" or "i like biology hate physics " . Chemistry is probably my least favorite.

Physics is nature, I can understand it by reading it in a blink of an eye. Same as chemistry and maths I can too. But Biology........ pft words and diagrams no imagery which is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Physics is nature, I can understand it by reading it in a blink of an eye. Same as chemistry and maths I can too. But Biology........ pft words and diagrams no imagery which is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

xD theres plenty of imagery and awesome experiments in biology. DNA and genetics is awesome. The immobilized enzyme experiment was pretty cool. Where's chemistry is like "oh look another equation "!
I'm not completely sure but I'm thinking of

English Literature
Graphics
Film Studies
History
or
Mathematics (just in case I'm not able to study History because you need a 'B' in English Language and I only achieved a 'C' in English Language.

I would like to be a cartoonist or a film director/screenwriter or an author.
(edited 8 years ago)
xD theres plenty of imagery and awesome experiments in biology. DNA and genetics is awesome. The immobilized enzyme experiment was pretty cool. Where's chemistry is like "oh look another equation "!

Here an example of physics......

drop something on the floor... it's gravitional pull to the core ta daa :ahee:

put an empty bottle into kitchen sink with clean water... this is density where the water is 1g/m^3 and bottle is weaker -puts water in it- it then later is pulled down as the upward force isn't good enough to keep it up, plus the water is already in with extra density another physics example :ahee:
Here an example of physics......

drop something on the floor... it's gravitional pull to the core ta daa :ahee:

put an empty bottle into kitchen sink with clean water... this is density where the water is 1g/m^3 and bottle is weaker -puts water in it- it then later is pulled down as the upward force isn't good enough to keep it up, plus the water is already in with extra density another physics example :ahee:

A cake is falling at a speed of 2 m/s from a distance of 12 meters above you . Calculate the final velocity of the cake as it spatters on your head. Use gravity for the acceleration (10). Yay physics.
A cake is falling at a speed of 2 m/s from a distance of 12 meters above you . Calculate the final velocity of the cake as it spatters on your head. Use gravity for the acceleration (10). Yay physics.

Yea maths
Yea maths

Im good at maths xD. What are you hoping to get for your GCSE ?
Im good at maths xD. What are you hoping to get for your GCSE ?

Physics; A*
Chemistry; A*
Maths; B (not homeschooled for this and college screwed up had to fix it myself from low C to A, got to A boarder line but expecting top B)
ICT; A
History; A
English; B (not homeschooled, prepared for the worst like on maths and it's logical sense mainly for English really)
Chinese; A

2A* 3A 2B

I'm better in maths then the actual grade just I've been though bad schools all of the schools/colleges around me are rated like... 3 so that's why I'm homeschooled (self-study)

Quick Reply

Latest