The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Anyone got into LSE with 3 A Levels?

I'm currently taking 4As Maths Chemistry Physics and Literature in English. Thinking of dropping Physics as I'm not doing very great at it.

The thing is I read on the LSE website that they would like to see 4As's.
Did anyone get in to LSE with only 3??

(Hoping to apply for the PPE course) :smile:)
Original post by luvwens
I'm currently taking 4As Maths Chemistry Physics and Literature in English. Thinking of dropping Physics as I'm not doing very great at it.

The thing is I read on the LSE website that they would like to see 4As's.
Did anyone get in to LSE with only 3??

(Hoping to apply for the PPE course) :smile:)

I've had a look at PPE's degree page itself and can't see anywhere where it says you need 4 A Levels. It just says you need A*AA, with the A* in Math?
I took 4 subjects to AS Level and then dropped 1, so I only ended up with 3 full A Levels and I got into LSE, if that's what you're asking.
I don't think it's particularly uncommon to only have 3 A Levels as that's all they're asking for.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by yayifications
I've had a look at PPE's degree page itself and can't see anywhere where it says you need 4 A Levels. It just says you need A*AA, with the A* in Math?
I took 4 subjects to AS Level and then dropped 1, so I only ended up with 3 full A Levels and I got into LSE, if that's what you're asking.
I don't think it's particularly uncommon to only have 3 A Levels as that's all they're asking for.

Oh it's just that I read somewhere on the LSE website that they'd prefer 4As so I wasn't sure if 3 A2's are acceptable :smile:
Thanks for the reply and for clearing my doubts!
Reply 3
Hey I'm at LSE and only did 3 A-levels
I think it only mentions on the economics page that they would like 3 + further maths, other than that they don't mind very much
Reply 4
I enjoyed studying for an undergraduate degree at the LSE, having been accepted with 4 B's at A level
Reply 5
Original post by nutty007
I enjoyed studying for an undergraduate degree at the LSE, having been accepted with 4 B's at A level

what course?
Reply 6
Original post by nutty007

Hey what course did you do? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending