The Student Room Group

Would it be best to wait for sex if she is under age?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bittr n swt
No i'm saying if we were born in a world where laws and legal/illegal blah blah did not exist then adults and children having sex would not be a problem. We've been conditioned to think this is disgusting.

regarding the bolded paragraph - this can happen to 16 or 17 year olds, heck it can happen to any insecure girls regardless of age. Also, what you're describing is grooming which is not that common. Who cares they don't understand VAT or any other crap, that doesn't mean they don't have capacity to sleep with adults.

well that's what you think, but many as well as I think 16 is appropriate. 16 year olds are at college fgs how are they still children. I don't care what you think of me because what you've said today is enough to make me think you have no common sense at all.

Did you develop mentally at a later age? Is that why you think 16 and 17 year olds are children? lol at you

by teens this also extends to 17, 18 and 19. You telling me they are psychologically children - who go to uni? haha you're pretty funny
I;ll respond later as I'm going out now
Original post by louieee
I'm genuinely concerned about you...

"No i'm saying if we were born in a world where laws and legal/illegal blah blah did not exist then adults and children having sex would not be a problem." I'm sorry but people have already explained why this is wrong, it isn't just because it's illegal. It's like...it's like the only thing stopping you from having sex with a child is the law. You're saying if it wasn't "illegal blah blah" then it wouldn't be a problem for an adult to have sex with a child...I'm sorry but you're perspective and desires are gross and I really don't feel comfortable talking to you

by child what are your age ranges from 0 to what?
yo dude you ever heard of statutory rape? wait man.
Original post by bittr n swt
by child what are your age ranges from 0 to what?

You're the one that said it's not a problem for adults to have sex with children, so I think you need to answer that question yourself.
depends on if you want to go to jail for statutory rape or not
Original post by louieee
You're saying if there were no laws we'd all lose our morality?

15 year old girls are infatuated with harry styles, they don't know what VAT is and they've never spent their own money. They might have developed physically but mentally they have no idea who they are, they don't know how a relationship should work so by an adult male entering their life and buying them jewellery, the girl feels expected to let him have sex with her because she really doesn't know anything else. She'll fall in love with the first man to buy her something because she's young and naive and she craves affection. The man has the ability to influence her greatly, because he's an adult and in a position of power due to his age and experience. The girl sucks in the man's ideals because he becomes the centre of her world, a world that she hasn't yet opened up her eyes to because she's only just stopped listening to Hannah Montana.

If you think it's okay for an adult man to manipulate a desperate, naive girl into falling in love with him then there is something seriously wrong with you. There's a reason men like that can't get a woman their own age.

alright mate, it's been a while since i was 15, but i can 100% guarantee that i was never like that and neither were my friends. most people with brains know what VAT is and only the really dopey ones dedicate their lives to boy bands. just after turning 16 i entered a relationship in which i never expected to be bought gifts constantly and it was never expected of me to give sex in return for the few gifts (eg for birthdays or valentine's day) i did get.

i don't think those under the age of consent should be having sex with adults, but i really think this is a ****ty post which underestimates a good number of people.
Original post by saibhandari
alright mate, it's been a while since i was 15, but i can 100% guarantee that i was never like that and neither were my friends. most people with brains know what VAT is and only the really dopey ones dedicate their lives to boy bands. just after turning 16 i entered a relationship in which i never expected to be bought gifts constantly and it was never expected of me to give sex in return for the few gifts (eg for birthdays or valentine's day) i did get.

i don't think those under the age of consent should be having sex with adults, but i really think this is a ****ty post which underestimates a good number of people.
Its not about being brainy or dopey, its about maturity, as a child you should be listening to hannah montana, one direction or whatever because you aren't ready for anything further when it comes to sex relationships. Fantasising about a poster of harry styles is not the same as having a real relationship with someone obviously, its just a fantasy.
Maybe you had a good experience and have had no long term psychological problems due to your relationship, which I'm happy to hear, but thats just one individual case, and is not the norm.
Reply 87
Original post by jeninreverse
yo dude you ever heard of statutory rape? wait man.

All rape is a statutory offense in this country. You are referring to American law as the girl is 15, Here in the UK it would not be rape I believe.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
depends on if you want to go to jail for statutory rape or not

Sex with a consenting 15yr old would not put you in jail for rape. It may put you in jail for sex with a minor.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Yes ffs, why did you even need to ask this?

...this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Before you ask it- exchanging nudes is illegal until she's 18 FYI.
Reply 91
[QUOTE=Anonymous;57354819]Basically I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 15. At first I wasn't too keen on the age difference but we've been seeing each other for a while now really and made it official last week.

The age difference is only three years and I know if we are still together in time to come then it won't really matter but it's just age at the moment it doesn't seem right, but I have asked on various websites where people have said as long as we wait until she is 16 for anything sexual then things will be fine because then it isn't breaking the law.

Last night we were talking and she asked me if I wanted to come around to hers to watch movies. I wasn't sure if she was serious or if it was a euphemism but either way I'm not too fussy, but my friend asked me if we got closer and she did want to sleep with me, what would I do? And I just simply told him I haven't a clue, but that I feel it would be better when she is 16 in which is late November and I'll even be 19 by then..but then I also said if she was there and offering, I don't think I'd want to refuse either.

If it was to happen, I would be safe about it of course. But if you were in my position, and be honest, what would you do?**** NO. If her Dad doesn't kill you, you'll end up in clink..
Original post by harry734
Im writing 'children' in capitals to remind you what you are arguing with me about. If me making it clear that you arguing with to me to be able to have sex with kids embarrasses you then what does that say? And i have no idea what you're on about with the laws, if you're implying its only wrong to have sex with kids because of a law and its therefore socially constructed then you are wrong, its evolutionary pointless to have sex with kids so us normal people have no attraction to them... you however...

Your argument is based on ignorance. Teens aren't children. Are you saying those that are 16, 17 and 18 who have likely gone through puberty aren't mature enough to have sex, do you actually class these people as children?
Original post by louieee
You're saying if there were no laws we'd all lose our morality?

15 year old girls are infatuated with harry styles, they don't know what VAT is and they've never spent their own money. They might have developed physically but mentally they have no idea who they are, they don't know how a relationship should work so by an adult male entering their life and buying them jewellery, the girl feels expected to let him have sex with her because she really doesn't know anything else. She'll fall in love with the first man to buy her something because she's young and naive and she craves affection. The man has the ability to influence her greatly, because he's an adult and in a position of power due to his age and experience. The girl sucks in the man's ideals because he becomes the centre of her world, a world that she hasn't yet opened up her eyes to because she's only just stopped listening to Hannah Montana.

If you think it's okay for an adult man to manipulate a desperate, naive girl into falling in love with him then there is something seriously wrong with you. There's a reason men like that can't get a woman their own age.

I kinda agree with you, but your protrayal of 15 year old girls is kinda insulting. I think quite a lot of 15 years are much more mature than that, at least that's been my experience. That doesn't mean I think its right to have sex with them however.
Original post by Jibola240
Your argument is based on ignorance. Teens aren't children. Are you saying those that are 16, 17 and 18 who have likely gone through puberty aren't mature enough to have sex, do you actually class these people as children?
ok all teens apart from 18 and 19 year olds are children in my eyes then. I'm not going to discuss having sex with young teens any more as its making me uncomfortable knowing the disgusting attitudes some people o here have and I've said everything i want to say anyway, if you'd like to scroll up and see then you can :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 15. At first I wasn't too keen on the age difference but we've been seeing each other for a while now really and made it official last week.

The age difference is only three years and I know if we are still together in time to come then it won't really matter but it's just age at the moment it doesn't seem right, but I have asked on various websites where people have said as long as we wait until she is 16 for anything sexual then things will be fine because then it isn't breaking the law.

Last night we were talking and she asked me if I wanted to come around to hers to watch movies. I wasn't sure if she was serious or if it was a euphemism but either way I'm not too fussy, but my friend asked me if we got closer and she did want to sleep with me, what would I do? And I just simply told him I haven't a clue, but that I feel it would be better when she is 16 in which is late November and I'll even be 19 by then..but then I also said if she was there and offering, I don't think I'd want to refuse either.

If it was to happen, I would be safe about it of course. But if you were in my position, and be honest, what would you do?

bro you're not in a brazzer video. They don't go jail there, but you will.
Original post by harry734
ok all teens apart from 18 and 19 year olds are children in my eyes then. I'm not going to discuss having sex with young teens any more as its making me uncomfortable knowing the disgusting attitudes some people o here have and I've said everything i want to say anyway, if you'd like to scroll up and see then you can :smile:

I have seen all your previous post on this thread, and they are all pretty much wrong, as teenagers are not children. I can't believe you look at 16 and 17 year old as children. Either way, you clearly believe that and aren't gonna change your mind, so I guess agree to disagree. :smile:
Original post by Jibola240
I have seen all your previous post on this thread, and they are all pretty much wrong, as teenagers are not children. I can't believe you look at 16 and 17 year old as children. Either way, you clearly believe that and aren't gonna change your mind, so I guess agree to disagree. :smile:
Defending children from adults that want to have sex with them because it could seriously damage them psychologically long term is wrong? okay... lets agree to disagree.
Bro just keep it in your pants. It's not worth facing potential jail-time for a few nights of sex!
Original post by DisguisedToast
Bro just keep it in your pants. It's not worth facing potential jail-time for a few nights of sex!

Lool, :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending