The Student Room Group

How to Get Into Investment Banking!!!

Scroll to see replies

Right. It's time I start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are UCL and Warwick always mentioned above Durham concerning IB and consulting? I thought Durham ranked higher than both (not LSE Oxbridge obv) at about fifth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emgmal
You don't need maths to be a banker! Always remember that, I've worked at Barclays with a C in GCSE. Don't feel obliged to choose it as an a level, only if you genuinely enjoy and could achieve a high grade in the subject :smile:

Could you elaborate on "I've worked at Barclays"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by PatrickB
Why are UCL and Warwick always mentioned above Durham concerning IB and consulting? I thought Durham ranked higher than both (not LSE Oxbridge obv) at about fifth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You thought wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.linkedin.com/edu/rankings/gb/undergraduate-investment-banking?trk=edu-rankings-ctg-card
What makes the rankings differ in the context of investment banking? The strengths of different departments (Economics/quanty subjects)? You may have guessed I'm a Durham student, I'm just mildly interested in ib at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
What makes the rankings differ in the context of investment banking? The strengths of different departments (Economics/quanty subjects)? You may have guessed I'm a Durham student, I'm just mildly interested in ib at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

there's an inverse correlation with dick size
Original post by Econight
So much inaccurate info on this thread.

Just do A levels you think will get you into a top 5 uni overall. Enjoy your years before uni and worry about everything else once you start.

Anything else other than this advice is pretty much rubbish or irrelevant. There is no magic formula for getting into IB and it is not the be all and end all.

Hey would you be able to tell me about how to get into treasury right after uni please?

I go to uni of bham and got good grades besides a C in gcse english. But other than that I am perfect in grades.

I am gonna do some work exp as a treasurer next month before I start my final year which would bw good right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending