The Student Room Group

British Airways aircraft maintenance apprenticeship. Any other successful applicants?

Scroll to see replies

Good evening..can anyone tell me how the assessment day went and what kind of questions were asked..thanks
I emailed them a week ago or so, and they said they have delayed the Apprenticeship intake. They said it would open ‘soon’ but didn’t specify a date.
Reply 42
Original post by Rosejaane
@Yatesy90 ya me!

do they look at your alevels because none of my subjects i chose for alevels are related to engineering
They aren't fussed about A levels really, as the minimum requirements are GCSE that's what they are after. We've had apprentices who started at 16 so won't have done A levels. Off the top of my head I cant remember what the GCSE requirements were as I went through the application a year ago but it was maths and English were the ones they were interested in as obviously you are going to study some technical subjects.
Reply 44
I applied last month received an email to say because of covid19 they are not taking any apprentices. Also virgin emailed and said they are not taken apprentices if they do advertise again then re apply. I dont know what im going to do im year 13 was about to take my exams in june now they been cancelled aswell. All aircraft engineering apprenticeships on hold
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Safsidi
I applied last month received an email to say because of covid19 they are not taking any apprentices. Also virgin emailed and said they are not taken apprentices if they do advertise again then re apply. I dont know what im going to do im year 13 was about to take my exams in june now they been cancelled aswell. All aircraft engineering apprenticeships on hold

I didn't receive this email. All aircraft engineering apprenticeships are not on hold as I have got an interview for BAE Systems and Cobham.
Reply 46
Original post by Hoc est Bellum
I didn't receive this email. All aircraft engineering apprenticeships are not on hold as I have got an interview for BAE Systems and Cobham.

Really i got emails from virgin and BA
Original post by Safsidi
Really i got emails from virgin and BA

I've just got the email for BA saying that the application is on hold but they are still interested in considering me for the program.
Reply 48
Original post by Hoc est Bellum
I've just got the email for BA saying that the application is on hold but they are still interested in considering me for the program.

That great i have applied to a couple more i have an online assessment today
Thanks for replying
Hi,
I am looking to apply for apprenticeships next year for 2021 intake, has anybody got any tips on how to make an application better/ as strong as possible? Anything which I can complete to make my application better.

Yes, i’d need tips please.
Original post by Aaronsgill
So I applied to the British airways aircraft maintanance apprenticeships and got through all the interviews. I received an email yesterday and they said I was successful in getting a placement and they will send me the contract once they do all the reference checks etc. I was just wondering if there is anyone else who was successful and if you are please could you contact me

Thanks !

Hi Aaron, hope you're well. I have just received an invite to interview for this same apprenticeship. As you were successful in yours several years ago, I was wondering if you'd be able to give me an indication as to what the questions will be like please? I'd be very grateful
Original post by Taliahlea
Good evening..can anyone tell me how the assessment day went and what kind of questions were asked..thanks

Hey, hope you're well. I was wondering whether your BA interview was successful. If so, I have mine in a couple days and was wondering if you'd be able to shed some light on the type of questions asked please. I'd be extremely grateful, many thanks in advance.
Hi any tips on preparing for the video interview?Thanks
Original post by sophie232323
Hey, hope you're well. I was wondering whether your BA interview was successful. If so, I have mine in a couple days and was wondering if you'd be able to shed some light on the type of questions asked please. I'd be extremely grateful, many thanks in advance.

Hi, just had an email for my video interview and wondering if you remember how it went and what the questions were like? Cheers
Reply 55
Original post by Yatesy90
The accomodation is shared. We're in holiday cottages with generally 3 people to each one. You get your own room and share a kitchen, bathrooms and living room.
Your evenings and weekends are your own while at the accomodation so it is up to you. Evenings generally will be spent revising especially once you get onto some of the bigger exams and it is a bit in the middle of nowhere.
Some people go and play five a side or go to the gym in the evenings. Weekends it really varies, some people stick around the accomodation some people go away for weekends. It partially will depend on how well you get on with the other apprentices and what people end up doing together
can I ask where you stayed for 2nd and 3rd year?
Original post by Mrsclc
can I ask where you stayed for 2nd and 3rd year?

2nd and 3rd year accommodation is on you to arrange. Myself and 3 other apprentices rented a house in West Drayton close to Heathrow. If you aren't local and there's other apprentices in the same boat then a house share is a decent option as rented accommodation within reasonable commuting distance is far from cheap!
Reply 57
Original post by Yatesy90
2nd and 3rd year accommodation is on you to arrange. Myself and 3 other apprentices rented a house in West Drayton close to Heathrow. If you aren't local and there's other apprentices in the same boat then a house share is a decent option as rented accommodation within reasonable commuting distance is far from cheap!

thanks for replying thats great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending