The Student Room Group

Kept telling me about a guy she liked

Ok so i started getting really close to this girl, we would literally tell each other anything and we enjoyed each others company. Her friends would tell me that she liked me, but all this time she would be telling me about a guy she liked and asking for advice. So anywais one day i told her i had a crush on her, expecting her to say it back but things just got awkward. I decided it was best i cut her loose (it was annoying everytime she brought up this guys name), so without explanation i stopped talking to her, in hope of getting over her. Its been a while now and im wondering whether or not to say hello to her? We still see each other but completely ignore one another.
Thanks in advance TSR users.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so i started getting really close to this girl, we would literally tell each other anything and we enjoyed each others company. Her friends would tell me that she liked me, but all this time she would be telling me about a guy she liked and asking for advice. So anywais one day i told her i had a crush on her, expecting her to say it back but things just got awkward. I decided it was best i cut her loose (it was annoying everytime she brought up this guys name), so without explanation i stopped talking to her, in hope of getting over her. Its been a while now and im wondering whether or not to say hello to her? We still see each other but completely ignore one another.

I think you should say hello to her. If she felt as she could trust you enough to tell you about her crush you must have been quite a good friend to her. If she really likes this guy there's nothing you can do to make her want to be with you. You might as well make up and be friends again and who knows maybe she will come to realise that she likes you back.
Original post by Anonymous

Definitely say hello! If you had a good friendship, then there's no point losing it over something like this. I've been in similar situations to this and have always found that saying hello is the best thing. For more solutions and tips, feel free to check out my blog (themidimail.com) where I document moments like this! :smile:
Reply 3
Say hello if you want to be just 'a friend'. If not, just cut ties and hopefully she will see that there was someone good for her right next to her.
If she was telling you about a guy she liked then she had most probably brother-zoned you.
Reply 5
No, i think you did the right thing, to protect yourself and avoid things going sour. You should have maybe told her what you were doing and why though.
Her talking about the guy was a sign but it was worth telling her anyway, and it was good of you to stop talking to her, though you might have wanted to tell her what you were doing.

From someone who's tried something similar (though after a breakup) you run the risk of falling for her again and it'll be one way unless something changes, so really ask yourself whether the friendship itself meant that much to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending