The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
agree; i always have one defender from whatever team pulis is managing at the time.
a chelsea defender is obvious, and that leaves 3 spots for whoever is cheap/has potential at the time.
although on the whole, defence is minor over the course of a season.

also, pls don't copy me :/

I wish Wayne Hennessey would hurry up and move. 4m for starting keeper in a Pulis team is too good to turn down.
Original post by sr90
I wish Wayne Hennessey would hurry up and move. 4m for starting keeper in a Pulis team is too good to turn down.

i'll keep an eye on that - gaining 0.5m to swap from a Newcastle to WBA keeper is an absolute steal.
means i'll have exactly the right amount to swap Rooney for Costa if it's required.

shame i can't afford Adrian this time; he was an absolute don for me last season.
Original post by sr90
You don't need to spend more than 9m on keepers. Federici or Boruc is a bit of a lottery tho, nobody knows who's going to get the nod.

I'm not so sure about Palace defence under Pardew. They didn't keep many clean sheets under him last season, not sure if doubling up is a good idea when there's other 4.5 options out there.

Also... are you going to do another predictions thread this year? Let me know and i'll promote it for you :biggrin:

Original post by Lúcio
agree; i always have one defender from whatever team pulis is managing at the time.
a chelsea defender is obvious, and that leaves 3 spots for whoever is cheap/has potential at the time.
although on the whole, defence is minor over the course of a season.

also, pls don't copy me :/

Thanks lads , might look into some decent West Brom options then

Going to create the predictions thread within the next few days :smile:
I'll give this a whirl please:

2 Goals 1 Cup
Original post by Lúcio
i'll keep an eye on that - gaining 0.5m to swap from a Newcastle to WBA keeper is an absolute steal.
means i'll have exactly the right amount to swap Rooney for Costa if it's required.

shame i can't afford Adrian this time; he was an absolute don for me last season.

I'd avoid West Ham for now. Their first Xi is top ten standard but a couple of injuries and they're playing dross like Maiga, Nolan etc. I think they'll struggle to handle Europa League.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
Original post by sr90
I'd avoid West Ham for now. Their first Xi is top ten standard but a couple of injuries and they're playing dross like Maiga, Nolan etc. I think they'll struggle to handle Europa League.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about Diafra Sakho? Will probably start up top, he's only 6.5m and did well before getting injured in Nov which slightly disrupted his form. He hasn't been out of my team since FPL opened.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

that was the thing though - west ham were conceding goals last season but adrian was making up for it with tremendous amounts of saves (inc. pens)
not bothering this year with him though, not when the top keepers are only 5.5m
Looks like Costa and Lukaku had hamstring problems yesterday, makes my choice of going for Rooney and Benteke easier then :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Might as well have a go. Let's see if I last longer than my normal October before I'm out of the running and give up!

Team name: PetrCechYourself

Oh and also up for being in H2H league
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 229
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Looks like Costa and Lukaku had hamstring problems yesterday, makes my choice of going for Rooney and Benteke easier then :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I'd never wish injuries on players, but yeah, the Costa or Rooney dilemma would be made a lot easier!
I guess we should see how long Costa is injured with his hamstring. Didn't last year he pulled few hamstrings/got injured but played next match...
Original post by mr tim
I guess we should see how long Costa is injured with his hamstring. Didn't last year he pulled few hamstrings/got injured but played next match...

Yh lol, plus he went ham last season at start so I don't want to miss out on that potentially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Costa is out for the first few weeks then Remy becomes very appealing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 233
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or Falcao maybe, also at 7.5m? Do we know who Mourinho's second choice is? Based on last season, surely it would have to be Remy, but I assume in getting him, Mourinho thinks he can get his best goalscoring form out of him again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you know it; that's my strikeforce :tongue:
although if the costa injury is legit, falcao at 7.5m looks very tasty.

Original post by mr tim

mourinho tactics innit :wink:

Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'd say Falcao all day long - 7.5m is an absolute steal for a player like that.
fair enough he was dire at united but i feel like chelsea could use him well.
Original post by Lúcio
you know it; that's my strikeforce :tongue:
although if the costa injury is legit, falcao at 7.5m looks very tasty.

mourinho tactics innit :wink:

Only problem I Have is do I want to double up on United players with Depay and Rooney, because let's be honest for most of the season Lvg struggled big time to get a working formula and it might happen again :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only problem I Have is do I want to double up on United players with Depay and Rooney, because let's be honest for most of the season Lvg struggled big time to get a working formula and it might happen again :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i haven't bothered with that.
Depay could turn out excellent but for 8.5m you can get some quality proven alternatives - Cazorla, Eriken, Coutinho (8m) etc....
Ulloa and Depay or Deeney and Fabregas
Original post by Lúcio

A player like that? It's not 2012 anymore man :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Memphis is a bit of an unknown quantity, just stick with Rooney.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
A player like that? It's not 2012 anymore man :tongue:

not my fault your poverty manager can't get him scoring :wink:

the debate would be whether to drop benteke for falcao or to find a few million somewhere and upgrade wilson.

Latest