The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2015/16

Welcome one and all!

This is the thread for the discussion of all things fantasy football. For all of those who are new, it is fairly simple. Simply go onto http://fantasy.premierleague.com and create an account. Select your Premier League squad from a budget of £100m and then join the TSR League!

There have been a couple of changes to the rules this year which revolve around the use of "chips". No two chips can be used at once (inc. the transfer wildcard). These are perks you can use for one week only, just like when using your wildcard. The three new "chips" are:

1) All-Out Attack: You can use a 2-5-3 formation for that GW. (Best hope for no injuries or suspensions as any automatic subs will revert it to 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 and you won't be able to use the "chip" again.

2) Triple Captain points: Instead of your normal x2 points you receive for your captain you will get them trebled instead. Applies to VC if captain does not play.

3) Bench Boost: Your Bench will score points for the gameweek.

The last thread can be found here:

Spoiler

The League code will be published shortly. The only rules for joining are:

1) You must post your team name in this thread. If you change your team name please let me know so I don't accidently remove you from the league.

2) To ensure that it is a league for TSR regulars, you must have 500 posts on the site which can come from any where on the web-site (e.g. 200 in H&R, 200 in Chat, 99 in Forum Games, 1 in Football [i.e. this thread]). These 500 posts must be made by the end of September.

For the time being there will be three open H2H leagues labelled A, B and C. In the interests of fairness and open-ness, players will be limited to participation in only one league. A is no better than C. They are completely random and entirely dependent on which users join which league.

Current Participants

Spoiler

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

In
Reply 2
I'm in, will be interesting to see when to use the chips - probably during DGW

Team is RJ Rangers
For consistency, team name will once again be: What the Frei?

How many people would like to try the 20 team H2H and then at the half way mark a new mini league is created for the top 10 players?
Reply 4
In.

Team name mr tim

will join H2H.

These chips are interesting. Possibly use the triple captain one during DGW. Wildcard also changed - only 1 can be used in each half of the season. Not like last season where it can be used anytime and in Jan.
Going to try this year now that I'm back. Top 5k or I'm quitting forever.
Reply 6
In.

Team name is: Obi-Ang Kenobi

Will join H2H league.
(edited 8 years ago)
In

Team name - Maccers Barmy Army

Will also join h2h league
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by SirMasterKey
For consistency, team name will once again be: What the Frei?

How many people would like to try the 20 team H2H and then at the half way mark a new mini league is created for the top 10 players?

in

second season for me - was 76k last year which i guess wasn't bad with it being my first time.
H2H will be fun - i enjoyed the LFC thread one last campaign but i was too late to join the TSR one :frown:

team name: Teriyaki Subs
Reply 9
GW deadlines now changed so that it's 1 hr before the 1st game of the GW kicks-off. Guess you can't take advantage of midweek games anymore. (So GW 1 deadline on 8 Aug 11:45, GW 2 on 14 Aug 18:45 as Utd-Villa kicks off an hr later).
Reply 10
IN
Localblackguy FC

I'm up for H2H
Never done fantasy football before, I'll give it a go.

Team name: Jimmy Seville
Not created my team yet but my name will be It doesn't Mata. Same as last year.

These chips are very interesting. However I'm not sure I will enjoy them; I can even master the use of a captain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr tim
GW deadlines now changed so that it's 1 hr before the 1st game of the GW kicks-off. Guess you can't take advantage of midweek games anymore. (So GW 1 deadline on 8 Aug 11:45, GW 2 on 14 Aug 18:45 as Utd-Villa kicks off an hr later).

That's annoying. It just makes it harder for the more aware FPLers :frown:
In. Team name is The Radicalz, I'd be up for h2h Aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TornadoGR4
Never done fantasy football before, I'll give it a go.

Team name: Jimmy Seville

Same lol, I also know **** all about many players, should be a larf...

...if I can get it set up, just created account and then couldn't log in as my details were immediately wrong (lol no), asked for pass re-set...waiting on email.
In :smile:

Team Name: Sewellsbury City

Up for H2H too!
Reply 18
I Costa Points FC

H2H please.
Reply 19
@SirMasterKey where are the league codes?