Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
**** sake, sold Ivan to Baines this week :angry:
Original post by little_wizard123
Here they come.

Are you Liverpool fans by any chance? #obsessed

How is it outside the top 100k?

You're such a melt.

You can't go around shouting about how amazing and knowledgeable you are, and then expect people not to pull you up when you get it completely wrong. Hold your hands up, admit you're a fool and stop being a little girl.
Original post by Lúcio
You're such a melt.

You can't go around shouting about how amazing and knowledgeable you are, and then expect people not to pull you up when you get it completely wrong. Hold your hands up, admit you're a fool and stop being a little girl.

You're just doing what you've accused me of doing. It's peculiar.

I never said I was amazing or knowledgable. You're obsessed. No idea what's even going on here. Smh.

Also, it depends in what sense you say I was "completely wrong". Lukaku was a slightly better choice, but hindsight heroes and all that. All I did was give you some facts. That's it. Not hard to comprehend.
(edited 8 years ago)
You're just doing what you've accused me of doing. It's peculiar.

I never said I was amazing or knowledgable. You're obsessed. No idea what's even going on here. Smh.

Also, it depends in what sense you say I was "completely wrong". Lukaku was a slightly better choice, but hindsight heroes and all that. All I did was give you some facts. That's it. Not hard to comprehend.

See, you're backing away and distancing yourself like I said you would. Coward.

There's clear evidence of you criticising other individuals and expressing your supposed knowledge. Only when you're found to be embarrassingly incorrect do you form excuses and run away.

There is no "better" choice until after the games have played.
You all criticised me for captianing Aguero because of City's away stats, failing to understand how Aguero works as a player (or the fact that he scored in his last away game too). Everton had a great beginning but they're inconsistent and Lukaku was always going to have a bad game at some point.

You're bitter because you failed :smile:
Also, it depends in what sense you say I was "completely wrong"

Once again I'm miles ahead of you

I've gained more points from Aguero than anybody else since he joined City in FPL

[QOUTE]Once again. Miles ahead of you. As usual.[/QOUTE]

I know what I'm doing and you don't

I've been posting properly this season for perhaps two or three GWs - and most of that is replying to your jealous posts

You're just bitter

How is it outside the top 100k?

Alli over Mertesacker was a stroke of genius.

This is hilarious. Giroud off too now.

mate, have you listened to yourself recently. It's just really unpleasant
Original post by Lúcio

There is no "better" choice until after the games have played.

You're bitter because you failed :smile:

Not really sure where to begin with all of that.

Your Aguero comments are getting silly now. I provided facts. Behave.

First statement. What a load of rubbish. Given events have given probabilities and the idea is to maximise the expected points return by picking these events. If there weren't better choices then there'd be no point playing the game.

You picked a good captain without having time to change your team, proved me wrong, and smashed Norwich. You should be over the moon.
Original post by Mister Dead
mate, have you listened to yourself recently. It's just really unpleasant

:lol:

Spoiler

Not really sure where to begin with all of that.

Your Aguero comments are getting silly now. I provided facts. Behave.

First statement. What a load of rubbish. Given events have given probabilities and the idea is to maximise the expected points return by picking these events. If there weren't better choices then there'd be no point playing the game.

You picked a good captain without having time to change your team, proved me wrong, and smashed Norwich. You should be over the moon.

You don't provide facts. You provide your opinion and call them "facts". That's why people find it funny when you fail.

I agree - you'll look at a fixture and be absolutely convinced that the captain you choose should bag a few goals. But then he doesn't and you remember how unpredictable the PL is.
I didn't get chance to change my team but we all know I would've chosen Aguero as (C) anyway.

As it so happens, I ended up with Alli on the bench so that's my own fault for not changing my team in time. Everything else was how I would've had it.

I'm not bothered if people get it wrong because a fair proportion of this game is luck. I am bothered however, when some mong with a superiority complex berates people for not agreeing with him, then tries to find excuses when he turns out to be wrong.
Original post by Lúcio
You don't provide facts. You provide your opinion and call them "facts". That's why people find it funny when you fail.

I agree - you'll look at a fixture and be absolutely convinced that the captain you choose should bag a few goals. But then he doesn't and you remember how unpredictable the PL is.
I didn't get chance to change my team but we all know I would've chosen Aguero as (C) anyway.

As it so happens, I ended up with Alli on the bench so that's my own fault for not changing my team in time. Everything else was how I would've had it.

I'm not bothered if people get it wrong because a fair proportion of this game is luck. I am bothered however, when some mong with a superiority complex berates people for not agreeing with him, then tries to find excuses when he turns out to be wrong.

Mong :frown:.

I said Aguero's away record isn't very good, which is true. I'm so confused. "Lukaku was bound to fail soon." You're right. When someone is on a really good streak, pick someone else based on that. :rolleyes:

If you pick the player who has a higher expected return, you did the right thing. If you don't pick him, you did the wrong thing. This is hard to quantify, which is where your confusion lies. I never said anybody who captained Aguero got lucky. You're both making things up for a laugh.

No need to be mean. Alli isn't that good anyway. Just start him next week, yeah?
(edited 8 years ago)
Captain Lukaku and Barkley :frown:. Just can't seem to nail a double figure captain this season and been languishing around 300k for what seems an eternity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mong :frown:.

If you pick the player who has a higher expected return, you did the right thing.

If expected returns are based largely on player and team form, both of which are dynamic, then how can anticipating a change in form be the wrong choice to make, since the expected returns will then change in accordance with that.

Making the right choice IS the right choice. Everything else follows.
(edited 8 years ago)
41 points total with my bench scoring 22 points, plus any bonus points Azpilicueta could get. Seriously did not expect Southampton or Chelsea to get clean sheets this weekend. :colonhash: Instead I played Lloris, Wollscheid, Vertonghen and Baines who collectively scored 5 points. Had I played Forster, Van Dijk, Azpilicueta and Wollscheid or Baines, I could have had 21 points. :doh:
Aguero scored in his last away game and scored two in his last game, I don't see how anyone could think he wasn't a good captain choice. The guy was in top form before Saturday and if anyone was going to score for City it was going to be him.
Original post by Sephiroth
Aguero scored in his last away game and scored two in his last game, I don't see how anyone could think he wasn't a good captain choice. The guy was in top form before Saturday and if anyone was going to score for City it was going to be him.

You're including 2/3 of his away goals in 300 days in the decision to captain him before the game was played. Doesn't really work.

And nobody said he was a bad choice.

I prefer Aguero to every one of you. F u.
You're including 2/3 of his away goals in 300 days in the decision to captain him before the game was played. Doesn't really work.

Mate pls

Nobody can talk about Aguero - he's my bro

There was an interesting stat brought up during the game where apparently Aguero has scored in 13 of his last 10 games in London.

I think, considering things more Lukaku wasn't an inspired choice due to his unpredictability and also that Swansea whilst being **** have been solid defensively aside from a game they got a red card in (against Sunderland). City were always going to score maximum two goals at West Ham I thought - could see one goal for Aguero but didn't think he would score more.

What people forget is that playing to the probabilities is never always going to work anyway, it's all about how you do it across the season.
This

300 days

Is a ridiculous metric to use when judging performance. I would expect to find it on a tabloid or spitting from the cake-hole of a rabid, low intelligence pundit like Ian Wright. Not from a fantasy football enthusiast.

You know this and i'm sure everyone can make up their own mind why you've decided to employ such a reductive metric. Just out of interest, did you include the close season in those 300 days too? Honestly.

Aside from that, since the start of last season he's scored 16 in 22 (and assisted 6).

One goal in every 115 minutes played away from home.
Original post by Gob Bluth
There was an interesting stat brought up during the game where apparently Aguero has scored in 13 of his last 10 games in London.

I think, considering things more Lukaku wasn't an inspired choice due to his unpredictability and also that Swansea whilst being **** have been solid defensively aside from a game they got a red card in (against Sunderland). City were always going to score maximum two goals at West Ham I thought - could see one goal for Aguero but didn't think he would score more.

What people forget is that playing to the probabilities is never always going to work anyway, it's all about how you do it across the season.

So good he creates an extra 3 games and scores in them too
Well we know everyone will captain aguero now anyway for Sunderland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Well we know everyone will captain aguero now anyway for Sunderland

Posted from TSR Mobile

I won't.

Latest