The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

a lot of Arsenal fans think it's Ox vs Walcott to start on the right. Eek. Could easily switch to Sterling who I expect to start up front vs WBA, but he's a little **** and I don't want him.

Feck it. Stays as it is. Tempted to risk the captaincy but Hazard should really be getting it. Just hope Swansea don't win away on the opening day like they seem to enjoy doing. Michu and Siggy been FPL Gods in the past.
Taken Walcott out for Mane. 1m in the bank as I don't want to tinker anymore. YOLO.
Not in the league but wanted to share my team, spent too long tinckering it just wanted peoples thoughts

GK courtois & Guzan

DEF: Mertesacker, coleman, kompany, Clyne, Azpi

MID: Hendersen, Ramsey, Depay, Cabaye, Josh king (ex blackburn, signed for bournemouth, technically a forward and tore some prem teams a new one in the FA cup run, only 5mil)

ATK: Deeney, Benteke, Rooney (C)

thoughts?
Original post by blue n white army
Not in the league but wanted to share my team, spent too long tinckering it just wanted peoples thoughts

GK courtois & Guzan

DEF: Mertesacker, coleman, kompany, Clyne, Azpi

MID: Hendersen, Ramsey, Depay, Cabaye, Josh king (ex blackburn, signed for bournemouth, technically a forward and tore some prem teams a new one in the FA cup run, only 5mil)

ATK: Deeney, Benteke, Rooney (C)

thoughts?

Too much defence, not enough midfield. And by midfield I mean Hazard.
Team name: BearsAndBeets, what's the code to join?
Having to resist the urge to tinker.

Sterling is causing most problems, the urge to straight swap for Fabregas or Walcott is real but it'll leave me worse off in GW3 where fixtures are hard on my team without Sterling. Also with 2.5 in the bank I could swap him for hazard, but would screw up my options in GW4 for my big transfer (which would be 1 of sterling out for Hazard or Sanchez or Benteke out for Costa or Rooney out for Aguero). Plus Chelsea's first 6 games are pretty grim and expecting Cazorla to score big tomorrow so captain worries aren't that big.

Schmeichel is still annoying me too but Boruc isn't a certain starter which is frustrating
Darmian out Cedric in.

Really hate having no Arsenal midfield coverage but who to take out from Sterling or Mane. Will probably just wait for Alexis.

Alexis, Rooney, Kun and Hazard soon :h:
Actually **** Cedric. Best defenders at 5 or 4.5?
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Actually **** Cedric. Best defenders at 5 or 4.5?

Try Cresswel
Original post by little_wizard123
Taken Walcott out for Mane. 1m in the bank as I don't want to tinker anymore. YOLO.

Imagine the meltdown when Walcott doesn't start or gets subbed after an hour :lol:
Original post by sr90
Imagine the meltdown when Walcott doesn't start or gets subbed after an hour :lol:

Dude, I was in the league last year, can I get the code
Original post by sr90

I don't think he'll start. Plus Sanchez is back soon. It'll be a bit of a minefield up front and on the right.
Right resisted the urge to use a late transfer, only change this morning was swapping rooney to captain over cazorla. I don't really have a captain level player atm especially with Rooney having a tough first week but it happens. Hopefully the hit I've taken this week will be repaid in a few weeks time
Reply 593
Original post by little_wizard123
I don't think he'll start. Plus Sanchez is back soon. It'll be a bit of a minefield up front and on the right.

Scenes when he scores a hattrick
Still 7 spaces needed to be filled for H2H Division C.

We have 21 minutes to fill them...

I'm open to letting people join a second H2H league as I think it will work better with 20 teams per division.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Still 7 spaces needed to be filled for H2H Division C.

We have 21 minutes to fill them...

I'm open to letting people join a second H2H league as I think it will work better with 20 teams per division.

Just post the code for that league only in here and see what happens. We've got around 70 teams in the main league which is down a bit on last year, but still decent enough.
H2H is now closed!

However the Classic League will remain open to new teams until the end of September.

Good luck ladies and gentlemen.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 597
Finally!! The Day 1 deadline has passed, no more tinkering :biggrin:

Now I'm thinking of what I might have got wrong already :lol:
Reply 598
Code?

Team name: SHOO FC
Reply 599
Rooney got an assist for the own goal :cool:

Latest