The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Montero or Gomis anyone?
Original post by xKay
Montero or Gomis anyone?

Montero does more for the team but he'll only get assists, whereas most of the goals will be scored by Gomis, I've gone for Gomis
Harry Kane to score 2.

Pedro to score 1.

Yaya to score 1.
I can see the attraction in Gomis, good service, goals, penalties and price rise. What's not to like? Well, he never assists or gets any bonus points, so every time he fails to score he's going to return a nasty little number 2. Don't like it, plus, he's rubbish.

That said, I did buy him in my auction game, which has no bonus points
Reply 1584
I would prefer Gomis.
I can't bring myself to get on the Gomis bus.

Never liked him at Lyon. Had 5 bad games and then 1 good game. He's better now obviously but **** that.
Decided to captain Silva over Aguero because I'm a maverick like that and need to try something different when I'm so far behind basically everyone.
Original post by Mister Dead
I can see the attraction in Gomis, good service, goals, penalties and price rise. What's not to like? Well, he never assists or gets any bonus points, so every time he fails to score he's going to return a nasty little number 2. Don't like it, plus, he's rubbish.

That said, I did buy him in my auction game, which has no bonus points

Yeah, that's the issue with him, is he'll get 6 or 2. He's probably score 14 this season, and assist 1 or 2. That's the equivalent of around 16 clean sheets for a defender when you compare stats like for like. Think you've got better value defenders at 5.5, and as Gomis is 7.2, I don't think he is worth it. If he was 6.0, I'd have gone for him, but I think he's overpriced for what he will get you, and when there are a number of attacking options around, think people can do better.

I rate him personally by the way. He's a great player to have for a mid table side like Swansea as he'll score goals.
every week is a lol week with Arsenal
Reply 1589
Original post by Sheepmaster317
Decided to captain Silva over Aguero because I'm a maverick like that and need to try something different when I'm so far behind basically everyone.

But your name suggests otherwise
Reply 1590
feel sorry for the 1.5% who have mitrovic (not rly)
Starting to think Alexis isn't worth the 11m. Offered nothing in his 2 games so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Starting to think Alexis isn't worth the 11m. Offered nothing in his 2 games so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't he had a slow start last season too?

Don't think he's worth it at the moment any, that's for sure.
Original post by Gob Bluth

Yeah, took a few games. Had two busy summers so it did make sense.
Original post by Gob Bluth

Yeh did **** all then exploded in October

I have 0.4 ITB so it's an easy swap to Hazard if necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Yeh did **** all then exploded in October

I have 0.4 ITB so it's an easy swap to Hazard if necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hazard hasn't done a huge amount either - I got rid of him. I'm glad I got rid of Giroud too, who simply isn't worth 9m. 8 perhaps, but not 9.
So I get Gomez and Mignolet in with my wc and they concede within five mins :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
So I get Gomez and Mignolet in with my wc and they concede within five mins :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's never a good idea to double up on Pool defence :tongue:
Yep, doubling up on Liverpool's defence went south pretty quickly. At least Wilson is stepping up again.

The **** is happening in the Stoke/WBA match :lolwut:
Think it's safe to say the Payet bandwagon is over

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest