The Student Room Group

Regret not going on this school trip?

There was a Spanish exchange trip to Barcelona for a week and I really regret not going now. I feel like I've missed out on a great opportunity of a lifetime and I'm so depressed all the time, can anyone give me some advice or a way to get over this regret?
Why did you decide not to go in the first place??
Original post by Squigysqump
There was a Spanish exchange trip to Barcelona for a week and I really regret not going now. I feel like I've missed out on a great opportunity of a lifetime and I'm so depressed all the time, can anyone give me some advice or a way to get over this regret?

There will be lots of opportunities like this coming up in your life (although it may not seem like this now).
And because you know you should have grabbed this trip, you'll be more ready to grab the other opportunities that arise. :captain:

So take it as an important formative experience that will make you more open and more willing to take social risks.
This could be really useful and helpful, and change your life.From now on you're a new more outgoing person. :bl:
Just take the positive view of it all. :smile:
Reply 3
At the time I just felt way too uncomfortable with the scenario; only one of my really good friends was going and I was way too scared to stay at a stranger's house. In reality though it would have been scary at first but I probably would have got over it
Reply 4
Original post by dancing sloth
There will be lots of opportunities like this coming up in your life (although it may not seem like this now).
And because you know you should have grabbed this trip, you'll be more ready to grab the other opportunities that arise. :captain:

So take it as an important formative experience that will make you more open and more willing to take social risks.
This could be really useful and helpful, and change your life.From now on you're a new more outgoing person. :bl:
Just take the positive view of it all. :smile:

Thanks, that actually made me feel much better! At least I made my mistake earlier in life rather than later
Original post by Squigysqump
Thanks, that actually made me feel much better! At least I made my mistake earlier in life rather than later

That's great.:happy2:

(And it wasn't that big a mistake on your life scale :nah: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending