The Student Room Group

which revision guide should i use for alevels?

I'm starting alevels (year 12) next year and my subjects are:
maths
biology
chemistry
I used cgp books for my gcses but I've heard that they're not good for alevels
which revision guides are the best for alevels? I'm looking for something concise but still detailed enough for me to understand
Original post by Wannabedentist7
I'm starting alevels (year 12) next year and my subjects are:
maths
biology
chemistry
I used cgp books for my gcses but I've heard that they're not good for alevels
which revision guides are the best for alevels? I'm looking for something concise but still detailed enough for me to understand

I'm not quite sure but i recommend not buying them right now since most subjects such as bio and chem have new specifications. So it's best to wait until the new revision guides specific to the new specs are released which will probably be around the beginning of school time. Maybe your sixth form/ college will recommend some?
I usually like to get revision guides early so i can see the format and things but i'm going to wait for the new ones coz there's not much point buying old 'out of date' guides :wink:
Hope this helped.
Original post by Jade Li
I'm not quite sure but i recommend not buying them right now since most subjects such as bio and chem have new specifications. So it's best to wait until the new revision guides specific to the new specs are released which will probably be around the beginning of school time. Maybe your sixth form/ college will recommend some?
I usually like to get revision guides early so i can see the format and things but i'm going to wait for the new ones coz there's not much point buying old 'out of date' guides :wink:
Hope this helped.

Thanks for the reply but the revision guides for the new spec have been released. Which is why I want to buy them now
Original post by Wannabedentist7
Thanks for the reply but the revision guides for the new spec have been released. Which is why I want to buy them now

Oh really?? I didn't know... Sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending