The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

LGBTQ+ scene

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philippamalko
Yeah As someone from Leeds, Cockpit isn't a gay bar it's somewhere to watch gigs and stuff, don't assume from the name.
The main gay bars are around Queens Court, it's decent

Tbf I don't normally assume from the name - it's the fact that it's near the gay village, has innuendo in the name, and there are generally people hanging around late at night (which would tally with it being a gig venue). Can you see now why I might be thought it was aimed at men who like men? :tongue:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Blackacre
Tbf I don't normally assume from the name - it's the fact that it's near the gay village, has innuendo in the name, and there are generally people hanging around late at night (which would tally with it being a gig venue). Can you see now why I might be thought it was aimed at men who like men? :tongue:

Yeah I guess its just cause I've always known about it I connected the name more with a plane cockpit rather than the innuendo but I can see where you're coming from, it wouldn't be a very creative name if it was a gay bar haha
Reply 22
Thanks for the info. Are there many lesbian nights in Leeds ?

I find that a lot of gay clubs are male dominated and while I don't have any problem with gay/bi males, the sweaty bare - chested brigade can be a bit much when it gets late and it's crowded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Soooo, any lesbian nights in Leeds (student or wider scene) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest