The Student Room Group

Girls, how much time do you spend play video games

This poll is closed

How much time do you spen playing Video games (Girls)

Never 14%
less than 1 hour a week, on average 9%
1-3 Hours a week, on average 3%
4-7 Hours a week, on average 11%
8-12 Hours a week, on average 20%
13+ Hours a week, on average43%
Total votes: 35
Hey all, this is a poll to find out how much do girls play video games. Only girls please, guys will have their own poll. Here

Also if you want to, could you say why you play games the amount you stated and if you have any, what is your favourite(s) genre of games/ game. E.g. first-person shooter, adventure, strategy. And if you have any your favourite game(s)

On the 30th I will make a post announcing the results of both polls.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it fluctuates obviously depending on how busy i am, and if i'm going through a phase where i'm obsessed with a particular game.

i don't have a favourite genre; the only ones i don't really play are turn-based strategies (though i think i'm just holding a grudge bc of civ 5) and sports games. MMORPGS tend to be a sinkhole for playing time. i also tend to find myself gravitating towards games with kickass stories (of any genre). some hack n slash can be fun too though (i liked the dmc reboot a lot lmao).

fave games: bioshock trilogy, dragon age trilogy, mass effect trilogy, skyrim, KOTOR, shadow of mordor
as far as mmorpgs go, i've spent a lot of time on GW2 & SWTOR
currently playing through far cry 3, fallout 3 & the witcher
and i'm sooo hyped for star wars battlefront & mass effect 4
Reply 2
13+ hours a week. Ever since Dec 2014 its been Skyrim pretty much continuously. I've played it from scratch three times now :colondollar: would have to say that is my all time favourite game. Before that, I used to spend about the same amount of time on Minecraft but I've really went off that game and can't really get into any more.

I play with my bf and friends a lot too, mainly games like Command and Conquer RA2, Unreal Tournament, Worms, Flatout, Age of Empires, Split Second etc.

I have a few games I have bought and still need to try (been too attached to Skyrim!) and they are Shadow of Mordor, The Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs. I have played Witcher 3 for a few hours and really enjoyed it but Skyrim dragged me back in.

I am a PC gamer and got my first proper gaming laptop last year. I also have a Wii and enjoy playing Boom Blox, Mario Kart etc on that but I only play that with my bf maybe once or twice a week whereas I game on my laptop every day usually.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
x

Never let it be said that girls are not interest in spend their free time for gaming...

I mean, wow, 13 hours and more. That is quasi a whole day if I consider that people sleep 7 up to 8 hours. Oh my god! can't remember me that I have ever played so much time per day. You are a true gamer girl! :adore:
Original post by Kallisto
Never let it be said that girls are not interest in spend their free time for gaming...

I mean, wow, 13 hours and more. That is quasi a whole day if I consider that people sleep 7 up to 8 hours. Oh my god! can't remember me that I have ever played so much time per day. You are a true gamer girl! :adore:

A week bro. I clock 16hours on some weekends.
Original post by TorpidPhil

Oh... I was a bit too euphoric when I read the comment - and the poll. How embarrasing. :colondollar:
Oh... I was a bit too euphoric when I read the comment - and the poll. How embarrasing. :colondollar:

:smile:

Yeah, they're still not popular enough with girls.

Most girls I talk to just watch movies or TV series and never deal with video games. I'm the total opposite myself.
:smile:

Yeah, they're still not popular enough with girls.

Most girls I talk to just watch movies or TV series and never deal with video games. I'm the total opposite myself.

Yeah, most of the girls are not appreciate the fun of gaming. That is a real pity. But in my earlier gamer life I have played with girls who were interest in and very good at it indeed.
Reply 8
Yeah, most of the girls are not appreciate the fun of gaming. That is a real pity. But in my earlier gamer life I have played with girls who were interest in and very good at it indeed.

The results so far have been very interesting, some trends that you would not expect have appeared. And more girls are playing video games the before, so i expect with the next 10-20 years for the gaming industry to become less male dominated
(edited 8 years ago)
I pressed the wrong button. I did 1 hour but I meant to press 13+.

13+ hours a week really isn't that much tbh lol
i don't really play as much as I used too, but that's probably because I started uni and became incredibly busy
Original post by rayquaza17
I pressed the wrong button. I did 1 hour but I meant to press 13+.

13+ hours a week really isn't that much tbh lol

And what kind of games do you play in a week so?

Original post by maryamzahid
i don't really play as much as I used too, but that's probably because I started uni and became incredibly busy

That stands to reason, but just hypothetically you have limitless time, so how many hours would you play in a week, if I may ask? :smile:

Original post by Ellio98
The results so far have been very interesting, some trends that you would not expect have appeared. And more girls are playing video games the before, so i expect with the next 10-20 years for the gaming industry to become less male dominated

That sounds good and horrible at the same time. I mean, holy moly, if that is the case, girls are better in gaming than boys by far one day. That is a bad nightmare! :eek:
(edited 8 years ago)
And what kind of games do you play in a week so?

Past 6 weeks I've been doing around 10 hours a day on ESO.
I've had to go and trade it in because I think I was addicted to it hahaha
Past 6 weeks I've been doing around 10 hours a day on ESO.
I've had to go and trade it in because I think I was addicted to it hahaha

Do you mean Elder Scrolls Online, an online game?! never heard that before. Could it be that you have played pokemon games in the past? your username is a hint, that is why I suppose so.
Reply 14
Yep it really depends on my busyness level. Plus I go through phases where I've completely lost the desire to play. Such as now, where I have no enthusiasm for video games nor do I really have the time.

Presently an hour a week if any, and that's probably on Dota 2 when my friends coax me into it. Years ago it would have been 8-12 hours - maybe even 13+ if I got scarily obsessed...

I first became exposed to video games watching my brother play the Super Nintendo, and it kind of took off from there. Aged 12 was probably the peak point of interest but I suppose I've gradually grown out of it :rolleyes: There's no shame in loving 'em though!

My favourite games would be Okami, Dota 2, The Witcher 2, Civ 5, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Rise of Nations. Would've been RuneScape or Club Penguin back when I was 9 :tongue:

EDIT: Papers Please is cool too.
(edited 8 years ago)

I've gone a full 36 hours straight before. multiple times lol. Back when I was in school and had nothing better to do though.
Do you mean Elder Scrolls Online, an online game?! never heard that before. Could it be that you have played pokemon games in the past? your username is a hint, that is why I suppose so.

Yeah Elder Scrolls Online.
I've played Pokemon in the past, yeah. I mostly play on my xbox one now though.

Even when I was in school, I used to play around 5 hours every day.
During term time at uni though I hardly play. I'm only playing a lot now since it's summer.
(...)
Even when I was in school, I used to play around 5 hours every day.
During term time at uni though I hardly play. I'm only playing a lot now since it's summer.

The pokemon games seem to be addictive. When I have played pokemon, it lasts up to 5 hours every day too. No matter whether outside of the house in the summertime or inside of it in wintertime. I have lost my interest in these games when the third generation was released.

She's just a female, she's perfectly capable of playing games and (if she wanted to) watching football, knowing stuff about cars and dressing in blue. She's not an invalid.

Calm your tits.
Original post by Neverdie
She's just a female, she's perfectly capable of playing games and (if she wanted to) watching football, knowing stuff about cars and dressing in blue. She's not an invalid.

Calm your tits.

The part with cars can be confirmed by myself. Know a female person who is capable of telling me everything about it. I have no stereotypes towards women! on the contrary. It is just the own experience that I have met hardly girls who play video games perfectly.

Quick Reply

Latest