The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
HHMMMMMMMMMMM smile lots and laugh... (a little bit)...that always does the trick...

:smile: :p: :biggrin: :redface: :cool: :rolleyes: :wink: :eek: :suith: :angel: :proud: :aetsch: :chicken: :indiff: :lollypop: :worm: :bird: :cheeky: :flutter: :flowers: :call2: :embarasse :hubba: ;scuba :donut: ;yes; ;grin; ;rose; ;hijf; ;dancejf; #pig# ;bunny; ;lep;
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Red112
Any help would be appreciated. Ive just basically recieved a letter asking me to come for an interview and secondly a link by the uni to fill out a questionare.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/biomedsci/nq.htm :mad:

ANy tips for the short interview infornt of Two staff..:eek: , one was my hope.

any of you do the questionaire? feedback would be great.

Peace.:p:

The questionnaire is nothing. I didn't tell the *whole* truth in my questionnaire - just as in my personal statement, there're ways of making things sound better than they are. One of the questions on the questionnaire I remember was "What is the most important discovery made in Neuroscience?" (or thereabouts) and since I knew nothing, I said "I feel that every discovery is just as important as the other because every step forward contributes to our knowledge of neuroscience and benefit medical science" :biggrin: or something on those lines. To be honest, the tutors etc probably saw through that as a "I don't know anything" answer, but it sounds good :biggrin:

As for the interview, I never had one :rolleyes: but my friend did and I think he got asked how a nerve signal gets transmitted - so brush up on your AS/A2 Biology, especially the ones to do with the nervous system. (action potential and what-nots, I don't remember it now lol)

While I never had a Neuroscience interview, I have been to 3 other science interviews. The Bristol one for Pharmacology basically asked me about my hobbies :rolleyes: The Reading one for Pathobiology asked me stuff like, why Reading, why Pathobiology, what interested me most in Biology etc. The one in Manchester for Pharmacology offered me on the spot (as did Reading) and basically asked me why Pharmacology.

Usually interviews aren't too bad - they usually get you in just to see who you are and will offer you a place shortly afterwards. Prepare for your interview but don't get too stressed out by it :smile: Who's interviewing you?
Reply 3
Red112
:p: I really dont know whos interviewing me, all i was told to do was send an email to a, Gail.Gomez?? and pop in on the 14th of march on an open day or some such. I was hoping for an offer without an interview. BuggER

Gail's nice - only talked to her once though. You'll do fine in the interview I'm sure :smile: Is Notts gonna be your first choice? And are you in for MSci and BSc? I'm assuming this is straight Neuroscience.

I'm not doing Neuroscience anymore now, but I did do it for a year :biggrin: Rare to see a fellow Neuroscientist really :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending