The Student Room Group

Had to resit one module for 1st year, what are my chances of being able to transfer?

Hi, I failed one module by 2% which meant i had to resit, I also really want to transfer as i really don't like my current uni. Suppose i pass the resit, what are the chances i can transfer. I want to transfer to the University of Westminster to study Forensic Biology from Forensic Science, my current course. I'm going to call them on Monday to hear their response.
Advice and experience shall be appreciated
Original post by mash-itmash-it
Hi, I failed one module by 2% which meant i had to resit, I also really want to transfer as i really don't like my current uni. Suppose i pass the resit, what are the chances i can transfer. I want to transfer to the University of Westminster to study Forensic Biology from Forensic Science, my current course. I'm going to call them on Monday to hear their response.
Advice and experience shall be appreciated

The only people who can tell you anything with any authority about this are those admissions tutors at the university itself. In the meantime, read the first post of this sticky:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
If you want to transfer to a 'better Uni' they will first look at your original A level grades and then your 1st year grades.

If you don't look credible, it'll be No. Retakes are not a good look - you apparently 'failed' at your existing Uni so why should another Uni take a chance on you. Unless you have compelling extenuating circumstances (ie. not that you just didnt like the course), or you are applying to a fairly low level Uni, the answer will almost certainly be No. Its worth asking if you could restart in Year 1 at the new Uni but you should still be prepared for a knock-back.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending