The Student Room Group

Is this a good apprenticeship

Hi, I want to know whether this is a good apprenticeship or not to do for career prospects: http://admin.exeter.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/PP49581.pdf
You get a hnd/ hnc in mech engineering. Btw I am looking to become an engineering technician.
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by gohmasses
Bump

looks good but do you have some work experience they're after? do you have the qualifications listed? if you do, apply. any questions contact them and ask. Good Luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kyoti
looks good but do you have some work experience they're after? do you have the qualifications listed? if you do, apply. any questions contact them and ask. Good Luck.

Thanks, I don't have work experience but I have a levels and experience in stuff like cad.

I want to know what the job prospects would be if I get a hnd in mech engineering and experience in the workshop after this apprenticeship.
Reply 4
Thanks, I don't have work experience but I have a levels and experience in stuff like cad.

I want to know what the job prospects would be if I get a hnd in mech engineering and experience in the workshop after this apprenticeship.

I just read it says they want: working knowledge of theory and practice in mechanical engineering, if you don't you may want to look for similar roles im not too sure mate.

Same with all apprenticeship roles, after completing the apprenticeship, you would have developed the skills and knowledge in the area so therefore you would be in a position where you can then get more experience and develop from there.

Regarding prospects after attaining hnd in mechanical engineering I found this:

Career opportunities, A Higher National Diploma award opens up the possibility of a career over a wide range of engineering disciplines, for example design, manufacturing and project management.
The qualification provides you with the opportunity to seek career development into senior positions in national and international companies.

http://www.tees.ac.uk/parttime_courses/Engineering/HND_Mechanical_Engineering_by_Flexible_open_learning.cfm

you can find similar roles on here and apply: https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchingservice.lsc.gov.uk/navms/Forms/Vacancy/SearchVacancy.aspx
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
How much easier is a hnd to a bsc in engineering?
Reply 6
How much easier is a hnd to a bsc in engineering?

hnd should be easier than the other as it's not the degree level qualification
Hi, I want to know whether this is a good apprenticeship or not to do for career prospects: http://admin.exeter.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/PP49581.pdf
You get a hnd/ hnc in mech engineering. Btw I am looking to become an engineering technician.

The fact that you get practical work experience alongside a qualification will be hugely beneficial for your CV and personal development. There's also a lot of demand for engineers, so with the skills you gain you should be able to pursue an engineering career. Are you considering any other apprenticeships at the moment?

RMA Nick
Reply 8
Original post by Jess & Nick RMA
The fact that you get practical work experience alongside a qualification will be hugely beneficial for your CV and personal development. There's also a lot of demand for engineers, so with the skills you gain you should be able to pursue an engineering career. Are you considering any other apprenticeships at the moment?

RMA Nick

Thanks. so far I'm interested in doing this one, I have applied and they began shortlisting the applications on Monday so I will be getting a reply either this week or next then they will do an interview.
Thanks. so far I'm interested in doing this one, I have applied and they began shortlisting the applications on Monday so I will be getting a reply either this week or next then they will do an interview.

Awesome! Best of luck - we'll have our fingers crossed for you, please let us know how you get on :smile:

If you need any advice on interview preparation or tips for how to answer common questions, give us a shout!

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending