The Student Room Group

a level result

I have given my a levels exams 3 times. I have failed thrice. My subjects were physics chem and maths. The first time I got euu. I gave a retake of math and got a d. The second time I gave AS and A levels together but still I got duu. I passed maths and failed the other two subjects. For the third time I gave physics and chem ( this year) and I have failed again. Today I got my result which had uu. I am shattered and I am in depression and I am not able to think of anything. My mind is not working.
Plz help me everyone and guide me now!!
Original post by worried person
I have given my a levels exams 3 times. I have failed thrice. My subjects were physics chem and maths. The first time I got euu. I gave a retake of math and got a d. The second time I gave AS and A levels together but still I got duu. I passed maths and failed the other two subjects. For the third time I gave physics and chem ( this year) and I have failed again. Today I got my result which had uu. I am shattered and I am in depression and I am not able to think of anything. My mind is not working.
Plz help me everyone and guide me now!!

You have come so far already I would keep trying.

I believe you will get there one day! promise! just keep giving it your best shot and find a way that suits your learning.
My parents won't spend money on me now. I also feel ashamed of myself. This is the third time I have failed. The exam fee is also a huge amount. Sometimes I think I should commit suicide...
Plz guide me!!
Reply 3
It's okay to feel upset, I know I would be, but it does not make you a failure.

I have no doubt that you are an intelligent person, exams are a test of your ability to memorise and regurgitate information. Often, they are not true representations of a persons actual knowledge. The fact is, not every is good at taking exams. It's not the end of the world, I promise you.

My advice would be to go straight into finding a job. It might not be a job you want but that's okay, it's to build up money. If you want to try again when you have built up money, you can pay for yourself. Along the way, you may find something that you enjoy; like an apprenticeship or job opportunity that you can take.

A-levels are not the be all and end all!!

I'm sure whatever you do, you will find something you enjoy.
Good luck!!
I can understand but my parents won't. I have not told my parents about my result. I am very worried about it. Plz tell me a solution..
Reply 5
There's no hard and fast solution that I know of.

A-levels, particularly the sciences are very difficult subjects (I took biology, chemistry and physics at A-level so I know). On top of that, they have stressful exams and if your course had practicals as well that's just added difficulty.

Have you shown your parents what the course is like? Shown them exam papers or mark schemes? It could help them to understand just how difficult it is for you, especially if they haven't taken the subjects themselves.

Again, bad grades are not the end of the world, no matter who tries to tell you that it is. And leaving A-levels (either completely or just for now) does not make you a failure.
Original post by worried person
My parents won't spend money on me now. I also feel ashamed of myself. This is the third time I have failed. The exam fee is also a huge amount. Sometimes I think I should commit suicide...
Plz guide me!!

Firstly and most importantly, dont kill yourself or think of doing anything like that, it doesnt benefit anyone.

It seems youve tried and unfortunately failed the same subjects 3 times, maybe this is the time to look at yourself ( a self audit of sorts) and actually think about what youre passionate for, stregnths and weaknesses. It may be that A levels arent the route best suited to you and thats fine. Look into getting apprenticeships or BTECs if thats whats best suited to you.

No need to waste more time and money if the current method isnt working.

May i reiterate, try not to self harm or commit suicide. It'll just shift the burden and depression from yourself and to your family.
Plz pray for me everyone. I am feeling very depressed. I have lost confidence in myself..
Plz remember me in your prayers!!
Life is very difficult for me now. Nothing is going right. After failing a levels thrice, it feels as if my life has no meaning...
Can't take it anymore!
Now only my ALLAH would guide me to the right path. HE is the most merciful.
Plz pray for me everyone, I am really very shattered and depressed...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending