The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York - Freshers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Shady778
Hahah I genuinely don't think I'll be able to survive .

Makes two of us then :biggrin: Ready meals and pot noodles here I come...
University of York
York
Original post by Lighfy
Makes two of us then :biggrin: Ready meals and pot noodles here I come...

Haha I'm gonna camp outside the canteen for my food kek
Haha I'm gonna camp outside the canteen for my food kek

topkek
Original post by theRaffa
topkek

huehue
Reply 24
Original post by Ella Hutchison
Hi im Ella and I'm doing biochemistry
Anyone know their accommodation yet?

I'm doing biochemistry too :smile:
Hi guys
I'm Sam and I'm going to be studying Physics with Astrophysics and I'll be living in Alcuin College (Block F if any of you are staying there as well)
Hey all, I'm studying mathematics and I've been offered James college :> anyone else in block H?

Not in H block, being 3rd year, but staying on Campus in James
Hey guys, I'm Sah and I'll be doing Law.

My accommodation came in from Halifax College.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Not in H block, being 3rd year, but staying on Campus in James

Nice one :3 . Any pointers / things to look out for so i'm not going in completely blindfolded heh :>
Nice one :3 . Any pointers / things to look out for so i'm not going in completely blindfolded heh :>

Depends what you mean by that.
The college bar is decent, although the management has changed for this year and it might be a real ale bar rather than cocktail bar. The bar staff are really nice though (I should know, spent every night in there since just after Christmas)

The geese can be annoying, but you will get an email out when they get really aggressive telling you to stay out of their way and that won't be until after Easter

The best club closed at not back, but your STYCs should give you a good time during fresher's, but remember, just because something seems good then doesn't mean it is.

Just make sure to try to find summer decent friends during fresher's week, and it always helps to get on with your housemates. The college staff are really nice and don't waste fresher's fair, at least get on the mailing list of anything you might be interested in and try it out.

Of course, those last two things were just general pointers that you will be told anyway, but there us plenty to do

EDIT: oh, and Oki's is good for the walk home/wait for the taxi

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jammy Duel
Depends what you mean by that.
The college bar is decent, although the management has changed for this year and it might be a real ale bar rather than cocktail bar. The bar staff are really nice though (I should know, spent every night in there since just after Christmas)

The geese can be annoying, but you will get an email out when they get really aggressive telling you to stay out of their way and that won't be until after Easter

The best club closed at not back, but your STYCs should give you a good time during fresher's, but remember, just because something seems good then doesn't mean it is.

Just make sure to try to find summer decent friends during fresher's week, and it always helps to get on with your housemates. The college staff are really nice and don't waste fresher's fair, at least get on the mailing list of anything you might be interested in and try it out.

Of course, those last two things were just general pointers that you will be told anyway, but there us plenty to do

EDIT: oh, and Oki's is good for the walk home/wait for the taxi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers bro. Them geese sounds vicious LOL. But yeh I really just wanna get a close knit group of friends in halls and on my course.
(edited 8 years ago)
Cheers bro. Them geese sounds vicious LOL. But yeh I really just wanna get a close knit group of friends in halls and on my course.

They aren't too bad, particularly if you give then a wide berth, especially when with their young after Easter, even if it means getting off the path

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm Nick. I'll be starting my BA in Politics and will be in Lindley in the Halifax college. I'll be going to as many freshers as I can so will hopefully get the chance to speak to a lot of you there. Congrats to everyone else that has made it to York. Let's make it a good en :smile:
Lets gooooo

Studying econ & finance, from near Bedford (which is near MK) in Derwent
Reply 34
Has anyone got their accommodation yet? I'm in constantine COHE/D1/411?
Reply 35
Original post by Lighfy
I've been offered a room in block N at James' :smile:

Hey I'm block N too! What floor are you on? :smile:
Got my accommodation. Not happy, wanted ensuite =/
Is anyone else in Langwith- John West Taylor???
Reply 38
Halifax anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by TSR432
Halifax anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! I'm in St Lawrence Court, house D. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending