The Student Room Group

If i really don't want to read a book...

(Pls no you have to read it answers as I didn't read all novels at AS and did fine) But of course there is no alternative to reading a book and i am passionate about Lit but there is just one-two books i really don't want to read this year and i'm not enjoying them at all? SO what would be the best thing to do? I was thinking a chapter by chapter summary but this would take very long so I'm unsure

Any help will be really appreciated, it's worth also noting these two books are for coursework and there will be no exam based on them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alexp98
(Pls no you have to read it answers as I didn't read all novels at AS and did fine) But of course there is no alternative to reading a book and i am passionate about Lit but there is just one-two books i really don't want to read this year and i'm not enjoying them at all? SO what would be the best thing to do? I was thinking a chapter by chapter summary but this would take very long so I'm unsure

Any help will be really appreciated, it's worth also nothing these two books are for coursework and there will be no exam based on them.

It might be a long shot, but maybe you could ask to do two different books in the syllabus?

Or just skim through them, pick out quotes for different themes and focus more on the others? But I guess if you want a top grade, you have to plough through it and prepare strong points for your cw even if you hate it.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
It might be a long shot, but maybe you could ask to do two different books in the syllabus?

Or just skim through them, pick out quotes for different themes and focus more on the others? But I guess if you want a top grade, you have to plough through it and prepare strong points for your cw even if you hate it.

hmm ok thanks. SOunds like a good idea. Will make a general summery and key themes ect then pick out lots of good quotes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending