The Student Room Group

Is it ever acceptable for a guy to approach a girl in the street?

Poll

Is it ever acceptable to approach a girl in the street?

I've seen some people say it's never acceptable but I don't see an issue with it if it's in an appropriate area.

Scroll to see replies

what do you mean by approach?
Reply 2
Original post by vis break
what do you mean by approach?

Say hi to a woman. With the intention to eventually get her number.
I get nightmares about people approaching me. It's why I don't make eye contact.
Reply 4
Original post by AnotherPoet
I get nightmares about people approaching me. It's why I don't make eye contact.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not...
Original post by CRW1996
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not...

No sarcasm intended.

I don't know about other girls but I just want to be left alone when I'm 'on the street'.
pick up artists do it. you need confidence though.
No sarcasm intended.

I don't know about other girls but I just want to be left alone when I'm 'on the street'.

jump in my car if you're on the game, love
Reply 8
No sarcasm intended.

You get nightmares about people approaching you. Does this mean if anyone approaches you in the street you are uncomfortable or are you talking specifically about men? Perhaps you live in a very rough area, the streets are not that scary.
Original post by sqwertylol
jump in my car if you're on the game, love

Unless you're driving a very expensive car, which you then proceed to give me the keys to. Then I'm not interested.

Original post by Mancini
You get nightmares about people approaching you. Does this mean if anyone approaches you in the street you are uncomfortable or are you talking specifically about men? Perhaps you live in a very rough area, the streets are not that scary.

I don't live in a 'rough' area. I'd just rather go about my day to day life without people approaching me.
Reply 10
No sarcasm intended.

But why would you get nightmares about it? You can just make it clear you're not interested.
Unless you're driving a very expensive car, which you then proceed to give me the keys to. Then I'm not interested.

I don't live in a 'rough' area. I'd just rather go about my day to day life without people approaching me.

i'll give you the keys to my jeans. beware of the snake
Original post by CRW1996
But why would you get nightmares about it? You can just make it clear you're not interested.

Why is everyone taking my nightmare bit literally?

I do make it clear I'm not interested.
Original post by sqwertylol
i'll give you the keys to my jeans. beware of the snake

Snake you say? Where are my tweezers.
Snake you say? Where are my tweezers.

You see tonight, I'm on a one-night stand
Big anaconda in my pants
I know her and I know she got a man
Man a take a man's gyal and bang, bang, bang
One time on the National Express from London to Leeds, I overheard a girl asking the guy sat next to her where the train station is. It just came into my head and say fck it. I approached her and told her I'm off to the train station too. I helped her with her luggage while walking to the train station. She was so fcking hot. I didnt knew til she told me that she was the same age too and doing AS.

I felt we had a connection eg same music and stuff the kind of girl you'd like to chill and netflix with.

She was asking how the nightlife in Leeds was and was hinting she'd like to see me again. When we got to the rail station and she got her tickets, we had a small chat until her train came. We gave each other a hug before we went on our separate ways. I messed up really bad. I forgot to ask her number. Her name was Jane and she goes to a boarding school in Halifax. Jane if you see this I regret not getting your number and I'd like to talk to you again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Some day I hope to have enough confidence to pick up a girl on the street

Posted from TSR Mobile

great conversation this. might re-use it for approaching girls on the street
Reply 19
Original post by hs1var19
One time on the National Express from London to Leeds, I overheard a girl asking the guy sat next to her where the train station is. It just came into my head and say fck it. I approached her and told her I'm off to the train station too. I helped her with her luggage while walking to the train station. She was so fcking hot. I didnt knew til she told me that she was the same age too and doing AS. I felt we had a connection. She was asking how the nightlife in Leeds was. She was hinting she'd like to see me again. When we got to the rail station and she got her tickets, we had a small chat until her train came. We gave each other a hug before we went on our separate ways. I messed up really bad. I forgot to ask her number. Her name was Jane and she goes to a boarding school in Halifax. Jane if you see this I regret not getting your number and I'd like to talk to you again.

In instances like that, I like to think it was for the best you made the mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending