The Student Room Group

Boyfriend issues ...

How to you make your boyfriend to believe that you won't leave him?

Scroll to see replies

Tell him you want his babies
Reply 2
Original post by Remz00
How to you make your boyfriend to believe that you won't leave him?

Why does he think you are going to leave him?
Reply 3
Do not give him false hope and teach him how to be less clingy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What if he still doesnt believe you
Reply 5
He thinks Im going to leave him becamuse I have left him once... But he said he knows I would never cheat on him that he trusts me
Reply 6
If you've already left him once, it's going to be very hard to convince him it won't happen again.
Reply 7
Hmm true
is your boyfriend very emotional and sensitive? if so i can totally understand how difficult your situation may be.. i'm kind of in a similar situation myself..i told my boyfriend that I was close to breaking up with him once and now he tells me that if i wanted to do it once, how does he know I won't feel the same way tomorrow, or in a months time etc. Anyway..try to reassure him by telling him that you have had time to think and it's made you realise you want this work..talk about how there's more happy times that you have rather than bad (hopefully) and tell him that things might take time for you guys to be in a better place. Tell him that if you didn't want things to work you wouldn't be trying with him again.. what makes it difficult is that you have left him before, so really he only has your word to go by, that you won't leave again..can i ask.. how comes you left him before?
Reply 9
Ive done all of that dont think ill work his not emotional or sensitive well he doenst show it ...dont get me wrong his sweet and knd and he cares about me but ive been hurt soo much in my previous relationships and his been patient wth me but my head keeps telling me his using you etc and i want to trust him but my insecuritys wont let me and i left him because it felt like it wasnt goig no where
from what you've just said maybe you need more time to just be alone.. it seems like you're carrying baggage from previous relationships and if you're uncertain about this one, whether it be because of your insecurities, or gut feeling, past relationships etc. then maybe you need to be alone for sometime to just figure out where your heads at.. It's hard to overcome insecurities because some of them are hidden deep down and sometimes we don't want to be true to ourselves.. On the other hand if you don't want to leave again (can understand why) then remind him that these insecurities you have are hard to let go of and you don't know how much time you'll need until you stop feeling like this, but you really do want to make it work between the two of you..as for trust, has he ever betrayed you?
Reply 11
He knows about my insecurities and his very caring and understanding towards me and them but i keep pushing him away and nope his never but my head keeps telling me he will im so confused i dont want to lose him
A lot of it is also down to confidence
Original post by Remz00
He thinks Im going to leave him becamuse I have left him once... But he said he knows I would never cheat on him that he trusts me

Of course he'll be like that now you've left him before
To be honest, the only way you can convince him you won't leave is by not leaving. The longer you stay with him, the more he is likely to believe that you're not going anywhere.

My boyfriend was still a bit worried that I was going to forget about him/get bored of him/find someone else etc, even after we had been together for a few years; mostly because he thought I might change when I went to university.

I tried to tell him that it would be alright and that I loved him and wasn't ever going to give him up, but it didn't make any difference, so in the end, I just said that I would prove it to him instead of trying to convince him.

Now we're living together and he's much more relaxed about everything.
Tattoo his name at the top of your poontang
Reply 16
Original post by vis break
Tattoo his name at the top of your poontang

Will never do that for a man lol
Reply 17
Original post by Foo.mp3
Try to cut down on calling him 'bitch' in front of his friends and family :gah:

Ive never met his family plus I respect everyone I met dont think they would approve of me because im a black woman lol
Reply 18
Staple yourself to him.
Works every time.
Original post by Remz00
Will never do that for a man lol

And that's why he has trust issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending