The Student Room Group

Medicine course requirment

Hello i have recently got my GCSE results and i haven't done really well.
I have got
Maths A
Chemistry B
Physics B
RE B
Biology B
Drama D
Graphics D
English C
Engineering C

So do you guys think i have any chance of applying for cambridge or any other good university for medicine with this grade.
It would be really great if you guys can give me any suggestions. Thanks
Any university offering medicine is a good university.
Those results don't look strong enough to suggest you are a likely candidate for Cambridge for any subject or for medicine anywhere.
You will have to improve dramatically at A level to have a realistic chance at medicine or if you are a late developer you may succeed though graduate entry following a relevant science degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks
Original post by gdunne42
Any university offering medicine is a good university.
Those grades don't look strong enough for Cambridge for any subject or for medicine anywhere.
You will have to improve dramatically at A level to have a realistic chance at medicine or if you are a late developer you may succeed though graduate entry following a relevant science degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hahunda
Thanks

You've got decent but not spectacular GCSE grades.
Work hard on your A levels and review at the end of year 12 what your options are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
You've got decent but not spectacular GCSE grades.
Work hard on your A levels and review at the end of year 12 what your options are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Original post by Hahunda
Hello i have recently got my GCSE results and i haven't done really well.
I have got
Maths A
Chemistry B
Physics B
RE B
Biology B
Drama D
Graphics D
English C
Engineering C

So do you guys think i have any chance of applying for cambridge or any other good university for medicine with this grade.
It would be really great if you guys can give me any suggestions. Thanks

Most universities for medicine require you to have at least 6A/A* grades, and that is usually a minimum, and they require a grade B as a minimum in english. Sadly this means you have very little choice when it comes to medical school and it will make your application very hard if not already impossible.

There are other routes into medicine that you can consider such as graduate routes or studying medicine in Europe, but both can be expensive.

I dont want to be blunt, but cambridge/oxford is a no go for any subject, let alone medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending