The Student Room Group

Anyone else super excited to go back?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maria G Agnesi
Oh, that's quite good. I haven't formally met any people in person yet. :teehee:

I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:
Everyone is quite nervous to start with anyway.

I met a girl who happened to live on the same street as me (lucky!!) :biggrin: You'll be fine, expecially, seeing as we've all picked out subjects so you'll have somthing in common with those in your classes ^-^
And thank you :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
I can't wait to use my coloured pens and my new stationary either :laugh:

I am a mixture of nervous and excited to go back, i don't like change though and although i am at my schools sixth form i was enjoying year 11 and now everything is different (new forms, new teachers etc). I am excited to do the subjects that i love tho (get to do art everyday :biggrin:) and i am happy i no longer have to do maths or spanish ever again :u:.

I know right!
I got these folders that have the binder inserts from wilko so I'm going to use them for each subject instead of carrying a folder each week.
SAME HERE. I hated Spanish!
I already know all of the teachers as I went to the secondary school associated with it so I'm not really nervous about intgrating in. Lol.
(Going to carry on with maths lol)
Original post by katycheung
Aha, I'm sure you would have done fine :biggrin: What A levels are you doing/have you done? I notice that you mentioned your excitement at using new stationary!! I think that's the best part of every new school year :cute::excited:

Aw thanks but maths isn't my strong point :laugh: I am doing Biology, history, art and product design :smile: Yes! new stationary is the best part of going back to school :h: What A levels are you planning to do apart from maths? :biggrin:
Original post by aamirac
I know right!
I got these folders that have the binder inserts from wilko so I'm going to use them for each subject instead of carrying a folder each week.
SAME HERE. I hated Spanish!
I already know all of the teachers as I went to the secondary school associated with it so I'm not really nervous about intgrating in. Lol.
(Going to carry on with maths lol)

OMG snap i got my folders from wilko 2 :laugh: Yes spanish was the bane of my life :s-smilie: yeah i know all of the teachers but i haven't been taught by all of them, also i am not looking forward to seeing all of the other pupils again. Good luck with maths tho :biggrin: (sooner u than me :wink:)
Original post by CoolCavy
Aw thanks but maths isn't my strong point :laugh: I am doing Biology, history, art and product design :smile: Yes! new stationary is the best part of going back to school :h: What A levels are you planning to do apart from maths? :biggrin:

It's not mine either, I have to work extra hard to do as well as i want but I enjoy it so it's okay :h: I loved History and Art GCSE but I haven't chosen them for A Levels (they didn't fit in with my other subjects :frown: )
I agree! Plus, I've gotten extra stationary this year considering I need more notebooks and folders aha xD.
Aside from Math, I have chosen French, Economics and English Lit and Lang :smile:
I met a girl who happened to live on the same street as me (lucky!!) :biggrin: You'll be fine, expecially, seeing as we've all picked out subjects so you'll have somthing in common with those in your classes ^-^
And thank you :smile:

Oh, wow. That's quite random. :lol:

Yeah. It's just the first few weeks that are the hardest and it gets a lot easier after that. :woo:
Oh, wow. That's quite random. :lol:

Yeah. It's just the first few weeks that are the hardest and it gets a lot easier after that. :woo:

It is isn't it! :teehee:
Fingers crossed. I'm actually looking forward to some of the work as well :biggrin:
It is isn't it! :teehee:
Fingers crossed. I'm actually looking forward to some of the work as well :biggrin:

It's great that I don't have to study things like History anymore. I'm free! :party2:
It's great that I don't have to study things like History anymore. I'm free! :party2:

I actually loved History..it was one of my favorite subjects :h:
I actually loved History..it was one of my favorite subjects :h:

Well, I didn't mind it too much, but it was just full of essays. :biggrin:

It was wasn't it. It was pretty interesting too. :h: With that said, my English coursework essays seemed much worse as we did all of them in year 10, one after the other...
Reply 31
I can't say I'm excited to move to upper sixth, but I am looking forward to getting back into the social aspect, and seeing how many people have actually got on to upper.

I think I'm just ready to end this summer break now...

I also didn't like history, but I didn't mind the essays. As it turns out, I'm just not very good at writing them :colondollar:
Original post by Lewishier
I also didn't like history, but I didn't mind the essays. As it turns out, I'm just not very good at writing them :colondollar:

I liked my papers this year. The questions were very friendly and I managed an A*. :awesome:
I liked my papers this year. The questions were very friendly and I managed an A*. :awesome:

That's great! :smile:
I ACTUALLY can't wait to be a sixth-former!! I'm doing the subjects I want to do BY CHOICE and I get a common room 😃 Plus I've got an AMAZING pack of highlighters to crack open!!! ^_^
Looking forward to going back to Sixth Form?

Erm, not really ... no
Original post by CharlotteHusnjak
I ACTUALLY can't wait to be a sixth-former!! I'm doing the subjects I want to do BY CHOICE and I get a common room 😃 Plus I've got an AMAZING pack of highlighters to crack open!!! ^_^

I totally agree with the highlighter bit, I love new stationary :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
No cause I will be starting A2 AS was bad so this will be worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CharlotteHusnjak

Give it a month you will hate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest