The Student Room Group

GIRLS- Would you date a male who is broke?

This is something that I often speak about, would you girls date a male who was poor? or had a lack of money?

I don't think money is everything but I LOVE to see a man who works hard and reaches for the stars to become succesful and is willing to go any lengths to do well. In my case, I think it's all about ambition. So I guess the question here is also whether you'd date a guy who doesn't have that motivation to do well?

Scroll to see replies

This thread has been done 1000 times before...
I doubt I would
I don't mind if he's broke in the moment i.e. trying to get somewhere with his life so is a poor student, having a career change, or has just invested in starting up a company etc. But if he has no ambition for the future and wants to be a mediocre bum all his life then no I would not date him.
Reply 4
Has been broke for a very long time? No. Broke for only a short amount of time for a particular reason and will have money in the in the near future? Yes. I would not want someone relying on me for money and/or not having money to contribute to bills, food etc.
I wouldnt date someone with a lazy attitude but there bank balance isn't important. Say my fiancé fell ill and couldn't work, I'd love him all the same :smile:
Original post by elliemayxo
This is something that I often speak about, would you girls date a male who was poor? or had a lack of money?

I don't think money is everything but I LOVE to see a man who works hard and reaches for the stars to become succesful and is willing to go any lengths to do well. In my case, I think it's all about ambition. So I guess the question here is also whether you'd date a guy who doesn't have that motivation to do well?

I dated a guy who had no money, I loved him more than anything and got him all foods he loved and never asked for him to pay me back or anything... Anyway 2 months ago he got a job and dumped me a month ago.
Original post by drowzee
Has been broke for a very long time? No. Broke for only a short amount of time for a particular reason and will have money in the in the near future? Yes. I would not want someone relying on me for money and/or not having money to contribute to bills, food etc.

The persons asking GIRLS, not guys!
girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money!
When a rich ****** wants ya.... and your ****** can't do nothing for yaaa

THESE HOES AINT LOYAL
Original post by Anonymous
I don't mind if he's broke in the moment i.e. trying to get somewhere with his life so is a poor student, having a career change, or has just invested in starting up a company etc. But if he has no ambition for the future and wants to be a mediocre bum all his life then no I would not date him.

Same as me!
Original post by FlyingNinja1
The persons asking GIRLS, not guys!

Lol are you trying to offend me? :biggrin:
Original post by Awesome Genius
girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money!

exactly that :wink:
I would date someone who is broke as in 'All my bills are paid and there's nothing left' broke.

I would date someone who is temporarily broke and has lost a job and is actively looking for another one.

I wouldnt date someone who is broke, blames the world for their misfortunes or/and is lazy and doesn't think they should work for their money.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drowzee

Completely agree.
Original post by Anonymous
I dated a guy who had no money, I loved him more than anything and got him all foods he loved and never asked for him to pay me back or anything... Anyway 2 months ago he got a job and dumped me a month ago.

Sorry to hear that! Brighter times are coming your way.
Original post by phunky_fresh
I would date someone who is broke as in 'All my bills are paid and there's nothing left' broke.

I would date someone who is temporarily broke and has lost a job and is actively looking for another one.

I wouldnt date someone who is broke, blames the world for their misfortunes or/and is lazy and doesn't think they should work for their money.

Same here. There is nothing I can't stand more than somebody going on about all the negatives in the world, they always seem to have an excuse.
Original post by elliemayxo
Same here. There is nothing I can't stand more than somebody going on about all the negatives in the world, they always seem to have an excuse.

I don't give people like that the time of day, excuses get you nowhere fast!
If he's broke, because he doesn't work hard and has no motivation in life then no.
However if he works hard, studies and is broke but has motivation then yes I would

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phunky_fresh
I don't give people like that the time of day, excuses get you nowhere fast!

Exactly. At the end of the day we're all going through it. But we work hard to get to the top no matter what it takes! I'm all for my hard working buddies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending