The Student Room Group

why Muslims?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Starvation13
Good joke.

No one is laughing apart from you. You silly heroin addict.
Reply 61
Original post by Nottie
around 57% of them are syrians. And they caused that war for themselves...

Not the ones coming to UK at Calais

And it's highly unlikely that events would have played out the way they are without Western destabilisation of Iraq, which is where Islamic State was born. Though of course, events on the ground now are down to Muslims there.

Original post by Nottie

hey cant solve conflicts peacefully even with its own kind! Do you think they will adapt to European culture? Im pretty sure large amount of them wont even try.

By and large Syrians are well educated, cultured and tolerant. Along with Iraqis and maybe Lebanese, they have the most modern attitudes in the Middle East. I don't know the demographic that is coming to Europe, but by and large I would be very welcoming of more Iraqis and Syrians coming here. I am less optimistic about Pakistanis, Afghans and Somalis, though of course there will be exceptions.

Remember it wasn't so long ago that Europeans were ripping eachother apart. Who would have viewed the Germans are crazed maniacs in 1910 or 1930? And who would have seen them as the most modern and tolerant of people in 1945?

Original post by Nottie

I dont blame them though, if I can get a decent house and money for doing nothing I wouldnt bother either.
Accepting them is fine but under strict rules. They are humans and somebody needs to help them. If countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar (or even Israel) dont want when they are rich enough and their religion should obligate them to do so, then we should be more wary about what we do too.

Wired how you take you cue on what to do based on what Saudi Arabia and Qatar do.
Hi I came here for the Syrian women
Reply 63
Original post by Rat_Bag
Not the ones coming to UK at Calais

And it's highly unlikely that events would have played out the way they are without Western destabilisation of Iraq, which is where Islamic State was born. Though of course, events on the ground now are down to Muslims there.

By and large Syrians are well educated, cultured and tolerant. Along with Iraqis and maybe Lebanese, they have the most modern attitudes in the Middle East. I don't know the demographic that is coming to Europe, but by and large I would be very welcoming of more Iraqis and Syrians coming here. I am less optimistic about Pakistanis, Afghans and Somalis, though of course there will be exceptions.

Remember it wasn't so long ago that Europeans were ripping eachother apart. Who would have viewed the Germans are crazed maniacs in 1910 or 1930? And who would have seen them as the most modern and tolerant of people in 1945?

Wired how you take you cue on what to do based on what Saudi Arabia and Qatar do.

The ones that are in Eastern Europe are mainly Syrians though and that's where my home country is.
All I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't welcome them all with open arms and give them all the benefits we can (in my country for example, immigrants will be getting more money than retired citizens who worked all their life).
Take them for few years, see how are they going and if they managed to get a job, learn a language or at least tried to useful to the society, let them stay, if not, send them back. Or give them a bit of money for the start so that they can settle down and then let them work for themselves.
There are numerous ways of letting them in while ensuring they won't be a burden on the society. After all, they should be the ones to adapt to the new situation more than Europeans

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending