The Student Room Group

UCAS Applying deferred and non-deferred in the same application

Hi there,
I am applying to Cambridge this year and filling out my UCAS application (Which is really complicated!) and I have a couple of questions. My first question is, can I apply deferred for one university and non-deferred for another in the same application? (I ask because it seems as though you can on the form!).

Also if so, on the same application can I apply to Cambridge non-deferred and Oxford deferred as they will be in different years?

Secondly, if I am considering but not yet sure about taking a masters, should I apply for the 3 or the 4 year course, can I just apply for 3 and then do the fourth if I get a 1st in Year 3?

Thank you in advance for your help!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jjsnyder
Hi there,
I am applying to Cambridge this year and filling out my UCAS application (Which is really complicated!) and I have a couple of questions. My first question is, can I apply deferred for one university and non-deferred for another in the same application? (I ask because it seems as though you can on the form!).
You can do this.

Also if so, on the same application can I apply to Cambridge non-deferred and Oxford deferred as they will be in different years?
You can't apply to both in the same year, even if one is an application for a deferred place.

Secondly, if I am considering but not yet sure about taking a masters, should I apply for the 3 or the 4 year course, can I just apply for 3 and then do the fourth if I get a 1st in Year 3?

Thank you in advance for your help!
You would only be allowed to progress to a fourth year and the undergraduate Masters if you achieved the necessary grades. You would need to check with the unis concerned whether you would have the option to leave with a BSc instead.

If you do a three year undergraduate degree, you would then apply separately for the MSc, which would be considered postgraduate study.

Quick Reply

Latest