The Student Room Group

Do you receive your student finance after you have completed enrolment?

Hello, I have my enrolment event at UAL tomorrow.
Does this mean that once I have been confirmed and enrolled at that university, my student finance will be signalled and given to me straight away?

Also, is the maintenance loan given in one big chunk at the beginning or spread out throughout the terms?

Thanks x
You get 3 installments for your loan. Last year when I enrolled, it was about 3-4 days after
Reply 2
Once you've enrolled, the uni tells SF that you've turned up and SF release your money. Delays can happen at several stages of the process, but if your uni are on the ball and everything works smoothly, then your SF money will be in your bank account a few working days after you enrol. It's unlikely that anything will happen over a weekend, so factor that in as well.

It arrives - as stated above - in three installments. You third installment each year (in your first and second years) will be slightly bigger, as it's intended to help you through the summer holiday.
Original post by Klix88
Once you've enrolled, the uni tells SF that you've turned up and SF release your money. Delays can happen at several stages of the process, but if your uni are on the ball and everything works smoothly, then your SF money will be in your bank account a few working days after you enrol. It's unlikely that anything will happen over a weekend, so factor that in as well.

It arrives - as stated above - in three installments. You third installment each year (in your first and second years) will be slightly bigger, as it's intended to help you through the summer holiday.

thanks, do u know if i will get an email saying that its come in or I will just have to check my bank balance frequently to see if its there?
Original post by bananasplit321
thanks, do u know if i will get an email saying that its come in or I will just have to check my bank balance frequently to see if its there?

You have to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending