The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What's the best universities for accounting and finance? i'm an international student, just wanting to know how the schools rank.
1. LSE
2. Warwick
3. Bath
4. ??
5. ??

Can someone please provide your opinion? It would definitely be most helpful!
If you look on the acaew website they have partnered up with some unis to provide placements in the top financial companies and as well giving up to 9 exemptions from the aca exams, that's how I chose :biggrin: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got BBB at AS, Predicted AAB.

Applying to A&F at Kent, Queen Mary, Essex, Middlesex and Kingston.
Original post by RooRoo1
The course has lots of really annoying people on it who turn up late, talk through lectures/seminars, never do any work and walk out early. I don't find it that interesting or stimulating as most of it is really basic if you've any business experience. There's a module that we have to take which they tell you all you have to do is turn up to pass, but then they start telling you more stuff which if you don't do you'll fail the module. Some of the modules just seem pointless. I just feel like accounting/finance/management can all be learnt better in real life, not at uni.

Ah I see...are there any things you do like?
Original post by RooRoo1
Nottingham took forever to reply to me last year. They were over a month behind all the rest! So don't worry :smile:

Ah that's reassuring, I'll try and be patient from now on then.
Reply 45
Thats amazing ! congratulations , am still waiting on mine, How long did the offer take to come through and what were your offers based on .
Original post by ItzMankit
Yes Yesterday night I got an offer at 8:50pm
Reply 46
Warwick is number 1 on this years rankings but I wasn't that enamoured with the talk that they gave at the open day, plus it is too close to where I live
Original post by A47
1- Accountancy and Finance (Foundation) at Warwick
2- Money, banking and finance (Birmingham)
3- Computer Science (Birmingham)
4- Banking and international finance (Cass) - Might replace this
5- Finance (Durham)

D*D*A

Is the foundation year at Warwick taught in the university? What is the success rate and the pass mark for entry of bsc?

Bro, you're unlikely to get an offer for Computer Science if your PS is geared towards the other subjects lol
Reply 48
I sent mine off on the 12th October and heard back from all of them by the 27th October. I think it might take longer for them to get back to people now as they will have more applications to look at.

GCSEs: 9A*s. 1B (English Language)
AS-Levels: 5As (Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Economics)
A-Levels (Predicted): A*AAA (Economics, Maths, Further Maths, Biology)
Also doing an EPQ on the national debt and had some work experience.

Have offers from Bath, Bristol, Leeds & Warwick (3As) & Birmingham (unconditional if I put them as firm, or if they are my insurance AAB or ABB if I get an A on my EPQ). Firm: Leeds/Birmingham. Insurance: Birmingham
Original post by amanda.ng
What's the best universities for accounting and finance? i'm an international student, just wanting to know how the schools rank.
1. LSE
2. Warwick
3. Bath
4. ??
5. ??

If you want to get into IB:

Targets:
LSE, Warwick (I don't think Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge do A&F, but they round off the target list)

Semi-targets:
Durham, Bristol, Nottingham, Bath, Cass Business School
(pretty big gap)
Birmingham, KCL, Edinburgh, York, Loughborough, Exeter

Generally good unis for A&F but aren't as great for IB placement:
Strathclyde, Lancaster, Reading, RGU, Heriot Watt. Surrey
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IKStudent
Ah I see...are there any things you do like?

If you're looking for graduate entry careers or international travel then they're big on that. The course is quite big and apparently there's good student support...
Original post by retardis
Ah that's reassuring, I'll try and be patient from now on then.

Glad I could reassure you :h:
Reply 52
Original post by Princepieman
Bro, you're unlikely to get an offer for Computer Science if your PS is geared towards the other subjects lol

Iv contacted admissions at Birmingham. They told me its fine for me to send a separate statement directly to admissions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A47
Iv contacted admissions at Birmingham. They told me its fine for me to send a separate statement directly to admissions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I see, fair play bro!
Original post by amanda.ng
1. LSE
2. Warwick
3. Bath
4. ??
5. ??

LSE (BSc finance)
LSE (accounting and FInance)
Warwick (Accounting and finance)
Durham ( BSc finance)
Durham (accounting and finance)
Update:

Offers - Warwick AAA
Bath AAA
Bristol AAA/A*AB
Newcastle (PwC) Interview
Original post by Toluwnai
Thats amazing ! congratulations , am still waiting on mine, How long did the offer take to come through and what were your offers based on .

Thank you!

I was predicted AAB, achieved AABC at AS level.
I believe Loughborough wanted ABB to AAB depending on your Personal statement/subjects. I took Maths- A at AS, Physics- A at AS, Biology- B at AS (Resiting 1 test though)

My offer took about 3 weeks.
Is accounting and finance hard in terms of the maths involved? .cause i haven't done a level maths
I do psychology, business and economics and predicated aab.
Also when a uni has entry requirements that don't specify a level maths, does thst mean the course is generally less maths heavy ?? Cause im really torn between accounting and management or accounting and finance
Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by saran12
Is accounting and finance hard in terms of the maths involved? .cause i haven't done a level maths
I do psychology, business and economics and predicated aab.
Also when a uni has entry requirements that don't specify a level maths, does thst mean the course is generally less maths heavy ?? Cause im really torn between accounting and management or accounting and finance
Thanks guys :smile:

When I did my work experience we generally used spreadsheets and made formulas instead of doing physical maths. If this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katy_marshall
When I did my work experience we generally used spreadsheets and made formulas instead of doing physical maths. If this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, do you do a level maths And applying to A&F ? Which unis ? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending