The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Anyone ever apply via clearing?

Or did anyone still get through with lower than expected grades?

I'm keen to apply for 2016 entry with BCC, potentially ACC for three BBB courses but I'm really having doubts about my chances. Have any current or former students at Stirling got any success stories that might ease my mind? I applied to uni before in 2013 with CCD and got into a BBC course via clearing and through phone calls, but I don't think I would be so lucky this time.
Reply 1
Original post by Nurante
Or did anyone still get through with lower than expected grades?

I'm keen to apply for 2016 entry with BCC, potentially ACC for three BBB courses but I'm really having doubts about my chances. Have any current or former students at Stirling got any success stories that might ease my mind? I applied to uni before in 2013 with CCD and got into a BBC course via clearing and through phone calls, but I don't think I would be so lucky this time.

I'm sure people have got in before and not met the entry requirements but I'm sure their personal statements would have been very good and that would have helped their applications.

For the last 2/3 years stirling have had the same courses that are available through clearing however these are usually 2 years at college and two years at university. The courses were:

BA HERITAGE & CONSERVATION
BSc (Hons) Applied Biological Sciences
BA (Hons) Digital Media
BSc (Hons) Applied Computing
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by kristie_ax
I'm sure people have got in before and not met the entry requirements but I'm sure their personal statements would have been very good and that would have helped their applications.

For the last 2/3 years stirling have had the same courses that are available through clearing however these are usually 2 years at college and two years at university. The courses were:

BA HERITAGE & CONSERVATION
BSc (Hons) Applied Biological Sciences
BA (Hons) Digital Media
BSc (Hons) Applied Computing

I study BSc (Hons) Applied Computing on first sitting of your highers to enter the course you need BBB, which should include either maths, a science or computing. But if you take another sitting you would need ABB.

For my Highers I got: A - Art, B - Maths, B - English, C - Business Management, C - Geography and a C - Computing.

I find the course really rewarding and the student life is amazing. Honestly I'm having the time of my life.

Hope this helps.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest