The Student Room Group

Muslim woman divorced on Whatsapp

Scroll to see replies

How do you divorce someone on Whatsapp?

Did they have a Facebook wedding and Twitter honeymoon? :confused:
Original post by BestBehaviour
How do you divorce someone on Whatsapp?

Did they have a Facebook wedding and Twitter honeymoon? :confused:

It was in today's Times, and behind a pay wall, so I can't link it. There wasn't much detail, anyway, it just said he went to live in a gulf state and divorced her by text.

I am guessing he wanted sex, and when he had had his wicked way kicked her into touch. It might not be great for her going forward though, no longer being a virgin, as an Indian Muslim?
Any sources we can look at?

EDIT: Just saw the post above.
I really don't think we in the West can lecture other countries on divorce at this stage. Its rampant here.
Reply 24
And people say muslims are in need of modernisation.
Divorce courts were so 2014, get with the times people.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
I really don't think we in the West can lecture other countries on divorce at this stage. Its rampant here.

Divorce is rampant, true, but that is bound to go down drastically in time for the simple reason that there are so few marriages in the UK compared to fifty years ago. Twenty five even.

Sharia law is probably inevitable here eventually, it is already extant for thousands and thousands of Muslims here informally and there will more and more pressure for a formal legal recognition.

Should we (non Muslims) care? Since most of us will be "living in sin" ourselves anyway?
This is like watching two people argue over which side of the flat earth they should jump off...
Original post by generallee
Divorce is rampant, true, but that is bound to go down drastically in time for the simple reason that there are so few marriages in the UK compared to fifty years ago. Twenty five even.

Sharia law is probably inevitable here eventually, it is already extant for thousands and thousands of Muslims here informally and there will more and more pressure for a formal legal recognition.

Should we (non Muslims) care? Since most of us will be "living in sin" ourselves anyway?

I'm supposed to be happy about there being less divorce (as a percentage of the total marriages) because there are even less marriages. I don't even think that that would necessarily even be the case but less marriages isn't a good thing.

It isn't inevitable because we still have time to wake up and react. The longer we stay obsessed with being degenerates and left-liberal politics the more likely it becomes.

Of course we should care because our people would be oppressed. We are still living sinful lives on the whole but that doesn't mean I want my people subdued in the own country.
Reply 28
Aaah, so that's why there's a movement in India for getting rid of personal law based on religion and bringing in a secular Uniform Civil Code.
Who cares about Muslim women getting divorced on whatsapp when WW3 is about to start!!!! actually I think it's already started
Reply 30
Original post by interact
Who cares about Muslim women getting divorced on whatsapp when WW3 is about to start!!!! actually I think it's already started

Where has it started?
Original post by saeed97
Where has it started?

Everywhere, the Cold Wars become warm again
Reply 32

Yes but the cold war wasnt a world war either.

What!!!! WW3.....what have you been smoking?

It's time you put the dope down.
However, It's interesting how popular these threads get.
Original post by That's so mean:(
This is getting so cliche, what you wrote is irrelevant to the thread.

This is divorce, not a beheading of a Kafir.:colonhash:

That will be next.
Original post by steeplings
This is like watching two people argue over which side of the flat earth they should jump off...

Original post by Little Toy Gun
That will be next.

India's relationship with Muslims is similar to Europe's relationship with Muslims albeit India has been far more tolerant of Islam than Europe has been.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It's time you put the dope down.

lol, did u know that we had lots of mutual friends on Facebook? about 13
Agreed with thecatwithnohat. Honestly, divorce rates are high because people think extreme infatuation, obsession and possessiveness=Love ¬__¬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending