The Student Room Group

I can't understand why I'm 24 and have never had a boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mancini
Perhaps you were heavily influenced by Disney and it's stories of Prince Charming or maybe somewhere along the line you became a feminist neither one makes you a very suitable woman to date.

Not a feminist..but yeah I guess I was..
Original post by importunate
That's nothing to be ashamed off :smile:

But it doesn't really change things. Girls go to bars. Girls go on tinder. Even horrific looking things manage to attract people - look at Jeremy Kyle. If you are looking for a knight to pick you up it's probably not going to happen.

I have heard bad things about tinder..and I guess I just have no game lol. Ive seen some girls and they seem quite comfortable with flirting and getting guys interested in them.
I'm trying to wonder how I become so socially inept. I think I was better at getting guys interested in my when I was 7.
Original post by shawn_o1
OP sounds way too familiar

:redface:
Original post by opi453
Your too ugly or have no social life

I don't know if I'm ugly or not but yeah I don't have a social life
Reply 44
Original post by Anonymous
Not a feminist..but yeah I guess I was..

Out of interest, why do you say you're not a feminist?
Original post by william walker
Are you an Anglican by any chance? :smile:

No :smile:
Original post by saule1116
Fellow girl here! :smile:

Is it possible that the conversation isn't rolling with people? I'd suggest to just talk with anyone (at least that's what I do) and you know - people will get to know you and they might notice the signs.

Have you ever tried asking out a guy that you are interested in? :smile:

Hi :smile: I've tried this at the few parties I've attended (by parties I don't mean really wild ones, I just mean like small dinners. Guys have shown interest to talk for 10 min and then usually find someone else to talk to and I've noticed they talk to the other person for much longer lol. Omg no never haha I have 0 confidence for that..and most guys settle easily so I'd be really insecure if he didn't reject me and I'd wonder if he's just going out with me until he finds someone better :frown:
Reply 47

I'm not ugly or smelly.

You probably are.
Original post by Tootles
Maybe you're not all that approachable? Or even too attractive, some guys see girls who are that attractive as being unattainable and therefore not worth the effort.

I'm not that attractive haha :smile:
Original post by Gears265
I can't really offer an opinion until a pic has been made available. I always say, to determine if you are really ugly, you need an outside honest opinion (from a guy preferably, girls are too "personality matters, not looks crap":wink:

You want me to post my pic here??
Original post by Mancini
Did the doctor diagnose that social anxiety or did you come up with it after five minutes on Google?

No I wasn't diagnosed but I get really nervous in social situations and become really anxious. I can't think or function properly so I just stand there like a tree. I also avoid social situations for fear of embarrassing myself. As a result, I'm pretty much a loner.
I'm not that attractive haha :smile:
I'm sure that's not the case.

You want me to post my pic here??
If you're doubting your attractiveness, maybe you'd better - we're never the best judge of our own attractiveness :p:
Original post by ubisoft
You probably are.

That's rude :frown:
Original post by cole-slaw
The best chat up line I've ever heard from a girl is "have you ever had a blowjob on a bus". That works every time. try it.

I don't want to give random guys blowjobs haha
Reply 54
That's rude :frown:

Post your pic. I am a professional.
I don't want to give random guys blowjobs haha

Well obviously only say it to guys you fancy.
post a pic
Original post by cole-slaw
Well obviously only say it to guys you fancy.

That's horrible advice. Guys would think I just want to get intimate with them and not respect me at all and that is completely unlike me. I don't know any guy that would actually like it if a girl said that to them randomly. Most would think she was crazy
Original post by Storme
Out of interest, why do you say you're not a feminist?

I don't really care about equality of the sexes and am more into traditional gender roles
That's horrible advice. Guys would think I just want to get intimate with them and not respect me at all and that is completely unlike me. I don't know any guy that would actually like it if a girl said that to them randomly. Most would think she was crazy

Well obviously you give them the blowie, and then go back to theirs for some rough sex.

If you're any good, and the guy isn't a complete bell-end, you've got yourself a boyfriend.

Seemed to work perfectly well for plenty of the girls I went to uni with. But hey, you stay single if you prefer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending