The Student Room Group

Graduate application: does it matter which deadline to choose?

HI,

the Master I want to apply for has two deadlines, namely November 20th and January 22nd. (there is a third one in March, but I think it's only if they don't fill the Master until then, which seems to be very unlikely).

Does it matter which one I choose? You think it's easier to get in with the first one?

Best,
Niko
Original post by Nikolaus1
HI,

the Master I want to apply for has two deadlines, namely November 20th and January 22nd. (there is a third one in March, but I think it's only if they don't fill the Master until then, which seems to be very unlikely).

Does it matter which one I choose? You think it's easier to get in with the first one?

Best,
Niko

I can't remember for sure but I think when I was applying there was also a funding deadline linked to one of these - I think you had to apply by January in order to be considered for most funding opportunities. I was applying for a DPhil at the time though so I'm not sure if this would apply to you (ie Masters).

Does the webpage of the Masters that you're applying for not give any insight as to which you should apply by?
Reply 2
thanks for your answer!

Yes, it says I have to apply by January if I want to get funding.

I'm planning to apply no later than January anyway. the question is, whether it's easier to get accepted as a student for the Master, if a apply already by the November deadline? (it's about the Msc Environmental Change and Management)
Original post by Nikolaus1
thanks for your answer!

Yes, it says I have to apply by January if I want to get funding.

I'm planning to apply no later than January anyway. the question is, whether it's easier to get accepted as a student for the Master, if a apply already by the November deadline? (it's about the Msc Environmental Change and Management)

You're welcome!

If I'm honest, I really don't know. However, I would imagine that all applications would be treated equally irrespective of which deadline you applied by. Maybe they set aside so many places for each deadline? As with most applications, if you have everything that they are asking for, it all depends on how you stack up against other candidates, and there's no way of knowing who else is applying. This is all very much speculation though - I don't know how it works... Sorry I can't be too much help.

Could you perhaps email admissions asking about why there are three deadlines? You wouldn't have to explicitly state your reasons for asking such a question...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending