The Student Room Group
Reply 1
if you want an A at A-level maths you really need C1 to be higher than that, C1 C2 M1 and S1 you should be aiming for high 80's to make up for how impossible C3 and C4 are.

i would repeat it if it's an A that you want, if you are aiming for a B then i might still repeat it.
so is it still possible to ask my school to enter me for the resit or is it too late?
Reply 3
not sure, i think you can still be entered as a late entrant into the exam but it costs more.

if you can't then you could always do your june exams, see how they go and then repeat in the january of next year.
Reply 4
I think it costs double for resits after you pass the deadline as the school incurs late fees which they pass on but thats my school but its still a hefty amount. With C1 you should just retake it though as when you have done C2 it will make it a lot easier for you.
it does cost more to enter for the june exam now - but i think you should resit C1 - its the easiest exam, and one where you can score a lot of marks in -- this will help for when you do A2
I think I'm right in saying that 71 is a scraped B, so I'd definitely resit it if you're aiming for an A or a B, even though it will cost you more now.

Latest