The Student Room Group

Questions for current Oxford students!

Hey guys, I'm part of a group who post videos on youtube (oxvlog), trying to show what life at Oxford is really like! I'd love to hear if you have any questions, and we'll try to answer them as best we can, either on here or as a video! :smile:
Reply 1
Hey Oxvlog!
This is a rather strange question and one that is probably going to be answered with a definite 'no'.. but has there ever been anyone invited to interview, after applying for a subject with an admissions test, but having not actually sat the admissions test itself?
I applied this year as an individual but stupidly didn't apply for the admissions test before the deadline :frown: I have seen on the website it states my application will not be as competitive (completely understandably) but I was wondering if you knew of any unique cases where people have been called for interview in the same circumstance as myself?
What are the differences in college cultures in oxford? Are there any blogs or resources to read about student life in oxford?
Hi! I have a question pertaining to Human Sciences. I'm interested in the sociology and demography aspects of Human Sciences, and I was wondering if this course is more related to biology/genetics only? Is it okay to apply to this course with more of a politics and human geography background than strictly biology?
Original post by Nikki2317
Hi! I have a question pertaining to Human Sciences. I'm interested in the sociology and demography aspects of Human Sciences, and I was wondering if this course is more related to biology/genetics only? Is it okay to apply to this course with more of a politics and human geography background than strictly biology?

It's definitely much broader than just biology! e.g. here's first year:
http://www.ihs.ox.ac.uk/prospective-students/course-structure/first-year/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending