The Student Room Group

Applying to two similar courses at the same university: Is it risky?

Hey! I recently went to a Nottingham Trent University (NTU) open day and I fell in love with absolutely everything about it. The course, the departments, the accommodation and the city overall are perfect for me. I am nearly ready to submit my UCAS application and my choices are: University for the Creative Arts (UCA) to do Fashion Management and Marketng, University of Chester for Fashion Marketing, and Communication, Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) for Fashion Communication, The Manchester Metropolitan University for Fashion Business and Management and finally, Nottingham Trent University for Fashion Marketing and Branding. I have seen all of these universities and NTU is by far my firm choice if I am to gain an offer from them. However, I have my heart set on this particular university so I was wondering how risky would it be for me to apply to the fashion marketing and branding course AND the fashion communication and promotion course, both at NTU? My personal statement covers both the marketing and the communicational aspects of fashion so I don't think that would be much of a problem. But my main concern is whether I would be wasting one of my five choices on something that is too risky? Could anybody offer any advice?
Thanks in advance! x
Original post by p1998
Hey! I recently went to a Nottingham Trent University (NTU) open day and I fell in love with absolutely everything about it. The course, the departments, the accommodation and the city overall are perfect for me. I am nearly ready to submit my UCAS application and my choices are: University for the Creative Arts (UCA) to do Fashion Management and Marketng, University of Chester for Fashion Marketing, and Communication, Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) for Fashion Communication, The Manchester Metropolitan University for Fashion Business and Management and finally, Nottingham Trent University for Fashion Marketing and Branding. I have seen all of these universities and NTU is by far my firm choice if I am to gain an offer from them. However, I have my heart set on this particular university so I was wondering how risky would it be for me to apply to the fashion marketing and branding course AND the fashion communication and promotion course, both at NTU? My personal statement covers both the marketing and the communicational aspects of fashion so I don't think that would be much of a problem. But my main concern is whether I would be wasting one of my five choices on something that is too risky? Could anybody offer any advice?
Thanks in advance! x

You'd be wasting your choice because if they are interested in you but don't think you are quite right for the course you have applied for, they will offer you a change of course anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You'd be wasting your choice because if they are interested in you but don't think you are quite right for the course you have applied for, they will offer you a change of course anyway.

Okay, so basically, applying for two courses at NTU won't increase my chance of getting in there?
Original post by p1998
Okay, so basically, applying for two courses at NTU won't increase my chance of getting in there?

No.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest